Thursday, January 14, 2010

magnetic poetry

Photobucket
(Weston and/or Ammon's doings above)

I like it. I remember seeing it in a cool store in Carytown in Richmond when I was in high school. It was fun stringing together random words to create funny/poetic phrases and clauses; to be all poetic like. My sister, Julie, gave this set to Weston for Christmas '08. It's the cowboy edition. The original is really fun, too.

They have a kids "first words" set that I recently bought on Amazon. It's been great for our beginner readers. They like making a long line of words in no particular order and then reading them to hear how silly they sound. We also like to sort them alphabetically. I love how the words have been their toys.

Photobucket

Kate wrote a story called "get the book". Check it out.


4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

That is hilarious.

I always liked seeing those on peoples fridges. I haven't seen them in a while though, so thanks!

Jamee
xoxo

liko said...

love that!!!

Keri said...

I love those magnetic words too. Im afraid If i dared to place them on my fridge they would be found in the toilet, heater vents, and diapers later on. LOL maybe as the kids get older I will have to buy me a pair. what a fun way to make reading fun and interesting. love it. kate is adorable.

Walker Family said...

Such talent!