Monday, December 7, 2009

getting the tree

Photobucket
We got it: the tReE !

We loaded up in the suburban on Saturday decked out in our tree-cuttin' gear, and, followed by Grandma and Grandpa in a red pickup, turned right out of our driveway, up our windy and steep dirt road, and into the mountains and SnOwto pick us out a sweet tree.

Goals for the day:

1.find a tree better than the one from last year. Really any TrEE would do considering that we had a bRaNcH (for real!) last year.

2.find a tree and put it up in our house before we're in the 20's of December (like last year as well).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Goals met! We found us a right purty tree and it's already in the stand in the family room. Right on!

3 comments:

Natalie in Sparks said...

fun fun fun! I will have to post our tree cutting experience too, we just went on saturday as well. I love that tradition! Beautiful pictures too, I always love the contrast of bright colors with the white snow.

Dan said...

we haven't had a real tree since living in NY. We are never here for "Christmas Day" and they are so expensive. I suppose we could go find one and cut it down in Central Park.

The Mothership said...

How about that...A beautiful tree, although I thought your last year's Charlie Brown tree made a fun conversation piece....
What a fun tree-finding experience and one your children will remember when they are grown!