Spencer came home from school sick yesterday. He had a fever into the night. 102 degrees was the tops, I think. I had told the bus driver yesterday that Spencer wouldn't be going to school today, so not to bother coming down our road to get him. I was also thinking, Yes! I can sleep in tomorrow!
.
At 6:28 this morning, Spencer came over on my side of the bed, woke me up and said that he had just said a prayer that he would feel better, and that he did. I was happy for him, really, but I just wanted to sleep. 6:28 A.M. may not seem early to a coice sum of you, but you have to realize that I was awake an unreasonable share of the night checking on a feverish 6-year-old, feeding a 5 1/2-month-old, and taking a 3-year-old back to his sleeping chamber. And it didn't help that I was up the night before until 11:45 playing Ticket to Ride with Weston.
.
Soon after Spencer's waking, Kate was up, and then Ezra. They were wide awake, and making a fair amount of ruckus playing before the time that I usually have to coerce Spencer out of bed.
.
Oh, the irony.
.
They are all cuddled up by the fire downstairs now watching Spirit. It's a lovely rainy day. More trees have changed colors and a mist is hanging around halfway up the mountain. It is quite a glorious sight- various shades and textures of grays, and darkened, dampened browns of limbs, trunks and fences contrasting the damp yellows, oranges and greens. I'm still waiting, and wanting, for some reds amongst all of that. Those are my favorite.
.
Here are some cute (and typical pants-less, gun- and horse-in-hand) shots of YoBoy Ezra - "Yo. Wassup." - from yesterday. :






4 comments:
Oh, can I relate to this sleep deprived post! I hope you can catch up soon. And I wish I could snuggle in front of your fire while watching "Spirit." Instead I am already sweating at 6:42am.
The 3rd pic of Ezra is especially cute.
Last weekend we drove up to Sun Valley and as we passed each ranch I thought of you and wondered if perhaps that was your ranch. I really have no idea where it is, but it's gotta be somewhere close! I can imagine it being so beautiful like you described this time of year!
mmm...I LOVE LOVE this time of year!!! You describe it so aptly, CB.
Maybe we could also add the smells...moist, fall leaves, crisp, clean air, applesauce, apple cider, pumpkin bread, bonfires, to name a few....
Love you,
Mom
I agree with your Mom, you describe it so aptly.
Since your Mom did the smells I will take it upon myself to add the tastes:
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies,candy corn(made with honey of course),SOUP!!! I love a pot full of warm delicious soup on the stove all day...anywho...
Jamee
xoxo
P.S. Ezra looks so adorable. I loves those brown eyes!
Post a Comment