Saturday, July 4, 2009

Liberty

The Fourth
by Shel Silverstein

Oh
CRASH!
my
BASH!
it's
BANG!
the
ZANG!
Fourth
WHOOSH!
of
BAROOM!
July
WHEW!
.
mISSED wARD bREAKFAST aND fLAG cEREMONY. tHANKS wESTON dEAREST fOR lETTING mE sLEEP iN! :o) sORRY yOU mISSED a WAY cOOL tHING oN mY aCCOUNT.

tO aMMON (wESTON'S yOUNGEST bRO) & lESLIE'S fOR cHOCOLATE cHIP pANCAKES, bIKING oN tHEIR tANDEM, & pOOPING oN lESLIE'S pANTS... (wAY tO gO jILES...sORRY 'bOUT tHAT lES!)
And look at me - I'm luminiferous (maybe I'm really a vampire).




oFF tO tHE rODEO (oR "rADIO" aS kATE cALLS iT). pONY rIDES, pOTLUCK, hORSE rACES, fOOT rACES, sTAR sPANGLED bANNER, & sO oN & sO fORTH.









(Spencer had a bit of an allergic reaction to the horses. dANG aLLERGIES! His eyes got so red and itchy and hive-y and swollen. He was hatin' it. With a head dunk in the water trough, a shower, a change of clothes, Linda's salve, and Benadryl, he got better.)
hEAD hOME fOR a dIP iN tHE cREEK...& dAM bUILDING, & fISH fINDING, & sUN bATHING, & sAND cASTLING






aUNT sTACI sENT pOPS, wHICH wE (tHAT iS - THEY) sUCKED oN wHILE rEADING tHE bOOKS sHE sENT (Fourth of July Mice, & The Cow That Laid an Egg. i LOVE Russell Ayto'S iLLUSTRATIONS!),

aND sNAPS!! yEAH!



hAPPY 233RD bIRTHDAY aMERICA!

5 comments:

Tia said...

What a great day to celebrate the birthday of our nation!

We too, had fun in Spark celebrating this day with some of our family.

Cameron said...

Happy 4th! We sang "the star spangled banner" in church today while standing, and it was awesome! I love our country and freedom! we are so blessed.

Nat

The Tomlinsons said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had such a good time!

We missed our ward activity too, so don't feel bad.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Uh, did you just have a baby? I think NOT! Holy smokes, Carrie! You're amazing! Looks like you guys have WAY too much fun for the fourth!

Ali said...

Ummm...forget the luminous skin! I couldn't stop staring at your FLAT belly! Dang, girl. You look awesome! As always, I love your blog!