Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ezra :: 3-year-old!

My #3 is 3! As of yesterday.

Can you believe it?
.
Aside from having a crazy random fever and hysterics when he woke up, Ezra had a fine birthday. Oh yeah, and I would hardly let him go outside in the cool rain because he did have a crazy random fever that morning. Other than that I think he had fun.

.
We had some visitors (Uncle Brian and Aunt Elaine with 6 of their beautiful blonde daughters, and Great-Grandpa Andelin, and Uncle Mike) earlier in the day. They were coming up to see Weston's parents and the ranch, not for E's bday. It was Anna's birthday, too, (one of the 6 beautiful blondes) so we had some brownies and sang to her and Ezra.
.
And I made him a cake. We ate it last night after opening presents.
.
This was my inspiration:



But this is how it turned out:

So.... I didn't have any of that edible luster dust to make it all metallic-y looking, or a cool star belt buckle, or perfectly round hands, or any of that other cute stuff. So what. I liked it. Kate like it. Spencer thought it was "so cool". But the most important thing is this:

He loved it.



He got some cool gifts. But, I think it's safe to say, his favorite gift is one that didn't make it up to our house until today. This baby right in this here photo:
His "Rain O Shine" "Grind" scooter. He loves it. And he's already tearin' it up on it. A guy in our ward gave it to us because his kids never ride it. You gotta love those free things.



And Happy Birthday today to my big brother David!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that cake. Yours is cuter. How many grams of sugar do you think it has? Probably just enough to make it extra yummy for your kids (and Weston).

Unknown said...

Aubrey just saw the cake and she said "Aw, can you make one for me?"

The Mrs. said...

I love that boy!

Great cake too.

Love,
Jamee

Megan and Keli'i said...

He's freakin' cute. And that cake is awesome!

The Tomlinsons said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I love the cake, you are amazing!

Natalie in Sparks said...

Carrie, that cake turned out awesome!! So sorry if my advice for gray frosting turned it green.....oh well, it looks good that way! I am glad you ended up making it.
I love the way Ezra talks, and he is really good on the scooter! My boys love theirs too!