Thursday, April 16, 2009

wARmERs

Leg warmers. I wore them as a little girl, as I'm sure many of you children of the 80's did. My Grandma made me a really cool, and really warm, purple and white stripe pair. I LOVED them. So when I saw these new leg warmers a while ago, I was excited for Kate to wear them. But the cool thing is, they aren't just for girls now and they aren't just for legs. My boys [and Kate] also like to wear them as arm warmers.
.
They are made out of a light cotton, instead of the thick knit ones I had as a kid, so they are perfect for springy weather. I can't wait to get these on our baby's chubby legs. You can get them at Target or on etsy [knottybabylegs on etsy is one maker] and probably many other places.





Okay, I know I could stop here and the pictures above would suffice for example on the whole leg/arm warmer thing, but.... I just had too much fun following Kate around taking the photos posted below. All 30 of them.


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Keri said...

ahh I so remember those! That is totally tubular that they have them for the arms and especially for the boys. Im gonna have to get me some of those. Im a fan of anything that helps trim down my daily laundry loads.

We are feeling better. once he babies got their antibiotic shots its been a complete turn around. I hate those shots but they do do magic. I wish I understood why all three boys have milk allergies and chronic ear infections in their younger years. its a mystery to me and a reality to our pocket book.

I love how carefree your kids are. Jumping from here to there. swinging on trees, catching lizards, they have an amazing way of using their imaginations to create a fairytale land with just their surroundings. I love it!

Good luck with Baby Jiles. Trevors b-day is this saturday and Spencers is the 30th this is a beautiful time of year to have a baby. youre over the newborn stage before summer yet the spring weather gives you enough energy and courage to get out of the house and make this first months with your baby more bearable. Good luck

Laurie said...

Okay, so if the leg warmers weren't enough to make me yearn for a little girl, you go and photograph her with a tulle skirt?!?! She is DARLING.

And I keep checking in for the post that you are on your way to the hospital. . .

Dad in Chile said...

beautiful, beautiful. Your family, your talents, your eye for great shots, spontaneous, lovely.

Elise said...

Your photography is AMAZING. That's all.

Natalie in Sparks said...

Great photography Carrie! You should go pro! for real, people would pay you to take 30 pictures of their little girl around the farm in leg warmers! And you would have so much fun, it wouldn't even feel like a "job". My sis LOVES taking photos too, and has a good eye like you, and she has just recently launched her own photography business. Go to cocomphotography.com and check it out!