Yesterday I was having MAJOR Braxton-Hick contractions. Like, a ton, and stronger than normal, and 5 minutes or so apart for like 4 or 5 hours. Eek! They started at church while I was doing sharing time in primary. My stomach was rock hard like the whole time; it hurt my belly button! We went to our friends' house for dinner right after church and they were still every few minutes. I couldn't concentrate on any conversations because I was just thinking that our baby was going to be 5 weeks early! Um, yeah, not good.
They stopped for a while in the evening while I was taking it easy, but then started again when I went to bed and were every 3 minutes. I was just praying, "Not tonight, please Heavenly Father. Not for like at least 3 more weeks. Please? We're not ready! None of us, especially the little guy."
Well, so, my undergarments were a little tight around the waste (I was wearing my normal ones because the bigger ones were all being laundered, or so I thought). I thought to look again, and sure enough there was one pair that were clean and I changed into them. That helped the Braxton-Hicks calm down. Has anyone ever heard of too tight of underwear causing contractions? Is that crazy?
I called the baby place today and told them and they said to take it way easy this week, like pretty much bed rest. Whoops. Didn't really do that today. Meant to. But didn't. I did get the diapers and some of his clothes out. I hadn't done anything before that really. Baby number 4. I'll try better tomorrow to rest. As much as I want to be done being preg-Nancy, and have the sweet little dude in my chubby arms, I REALLY don't think it would be good just yet.
6 comments:
Oh yeah, tight clothes always gives me MAJOR contractions! But seriously, you better take it easy! Five weeks early is NOT good, unless they have your due date off! Good luck, Carrie! You're amazing!
I wish I were there.
The day would start with a big pan of German pancakes, that I got up early to make, the kids eat, and then I bring you some in your bed. I start the bath for you, and then help all the kids get ready. Weston is not home (that is why I am doing all this)I bring you a lot of decorating mags and catalogs, some good books, and the remote to a tv I brought along to put in your room. I would clean and clean your house until you said it was ready for baby. This would last for 3 weeks, in which then we would start going on lots of walks and four wheeler rides and trampoline time, until Jiles was here.
Take care. Pretend that is all happening.
Jamee
Keep him in there just a little longer and make sure you do get the rest to do that. I am glad the baby didn't come yet but will be excited for you when he does come and hopefully that won't be for a few more weeks.
Tight clothes also gave me contractions! Where any of your other babies early?
Dittos to what Jamee said. Wish I was there to help. But then again I can help with our prayers.
I get those BH contractions all the time too, but for now, only when I walk, bend over, laugh or over exert myself. I can't believe you're on Number 4! You guys are totally beating us! We'd love to move back to Hawaii and we dream about it all the time. In reality it probably won't happen for a while. In the mean time we're just trying to put our house here in order. Good luck on your upcoming labor. I'm not due till July.
Post a Comment