Thursday, January 8, 2009

And, she's down. "She", the house that is.


So long. Farewell. Auf wiedersehen. Goodbye!
The lady fell. She's down. And she went down fast. Faster than the times stated on the pictures, I don't know. I was eating lunch at home when the last wall fell, and came back later to check on it.

I know that I said that January 1st was D day, and today is the 7th, but we had a couple of snowstorms that pushed us back. But whoopty doo about 6 days...cuz the deed is done!
What it looked like in the snowstorm and then what it looked like at about 12:30 p.m. today (from the same spot):


It was a little sad for a minute, thinking about all those good memories we had in there: Ezra crawling and walking for the first time, Spencer's 4th bday, Kate's 3rd bday, Ezra's first.... Kate was just concerned about the eggs. ?.

But, now on to better things. We're meeting with the architect tomorrow for the 3rd, and hopefully final, time for the plans for a little something to go in Ol' Miss Ranch House's stead. Yeah, baby! Oh yes, and it will hopefully be completed before the baby is born. That gives us approximately 3 months and 11 days. Hmm. Pretty small time there. But, nonetheless, the race is on! Ready, GO!

3 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Hooray! Wow! That house went down fast! I think it could be in a race with the houses Keli'i and Dave demo out here. I swear, you could huff and puff and blow some of the houses out here down! So many termites and water damage! Good luck building! I hope it doesn't stress you out as much as it did me! And being prego too! Wow, we really need to get together more often, Miss Carrie. Oh, and I will think of some names...I had NONE though, besides Ronin. Love you!

The Tomlinsons said...

WOW, I bet that was fun to watch. Good luck with the building.

Keri said...

I know bringing the house down is bitter/sweet but I really like the idea of bringing her back to life new and strong. Did you draw up the plans. I know you enjoy doing that and have always wanted too?

Thanks so much for your last comment to me. You know it brings tears to my eyes when I hear you say how proud you are to see me strong. of all people you know this to be true. You were my true best friend when I was first diagnosed and you helped me through some of the hardest times of my illness. it really hurt perry and I's first year of marriage things were rocky and unsettle trying to adjust to sickness and marriage all in the first year. but there you were (okay is it okay to cry right now cause I am) you unconditional friendship,(allowing myself to be corky and fun), your love, your listening ear, your shoulder to cry one and your sweet little boy Spencer. The reason why we were always over at your house is cause you brought so much light and love into our lives. those times shaped who i am today and how i handle this sickness. after being bitter i woke up and found new strength and a new normal in our marriage and life. now im sturdy as a rock. thanks for all you do. love ya!

sorry for the essay just wanted to thank you for being there for me now and then.