Okay, for those of you who are fortunate enough to hear the song playing from my blog, but don't exactly appreciate this version, by all means turn it down. But just let me tell you that it is particularly for this post, and I think that you should hear it out. Oh yeah, and instead of singing "West Virginia", sing "In Virginia." I always do.

When you're feeling a little more enthusiastic about driving on country back roads, and Johnny boy just ain't cutting it, give this one a go; it's by Me First And The Gimme Gimmes. I used to blast it on my portable CD player driving on the back roads around my home in Virginia back in the college days...my old '70s car only had an AM radio...singing at the top of my lungs (anyone on the outside of my headphones was in for a real treat, let me tell you). No disrespect inteneded in any way towards John Denver; it's just that this punk cover is way more fun and energetic.
ANYWAYS.... WOULD I GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!?
Okay, so here's the point of this post:
It is to say that...
I'M GOING TO VIRGINIA!!!!
I wish I could type that really big and make it red. Because I would. If I could. But I can't cuz, I just can't. Not an option. All I get is bold and italics. Hmmm. Anyway, but that's how I feel...I mean like yelling it loud. Cuz I am SOOOO EXCITED to have my Virginia time, even just for a week!
I had the option of getting a new camera with a good lens, better pixels, etc., which is really all I asked for for my 30th birthday.
But then my mom suggested, "Why don't you and Weston go to Virginia, and I'll watch your kids."
Yes, my mom is a saintly Saint! You see, I have been sooo extremely homesick for a while now and my lovely and instinctive mother(okay, so she didn't have to be instinctive, I've been outright saying it) had pity on me. She knows how it feels. So I thought for but a moment, "Camera, Virginia, camera, Virginia, caammeeerrraaaa, Viirrrggiinniiaaaa."
"Um, I'll take the Virginia option, please."
Done. We bought the tickets last Monday and we are leaving next Tuesday. Yippee-kii-yii-yay, yeety howdy, get along little doggy!!
I'm just really excited is all.
I haven't seen an eastern fall in 12 years due to going west to college, and then getting married and being with my very amazing husband in the west. No matter what anyone says, western falls...not the same. (I know for a fact that I'd feel this way no matter what the season.) I can't wait to feel it, see it, hear it, smell it, breathe it, taste it, drive it!
Take me home country roads!
9 comments:
You are so funny Carrie! I can just feel your excitement! I am so excited y'all are coming to visit! I can't wait to see you!
esta muy diferente version de "Country Road
Have a great time in Virginia. The picture is beautiful. I bet in person it is even more bonita.
Yay for you! I'm so glad you get to go home. And Happy 30th Birthday! Your lirtle family is so darn cute, and you are so full of life and energy!
Hooray for you! I am so excited for you to see your hometown...definitely gonna love all those colors! And yes, I can relate to your homesickness. I love your info about Ezra...boys! Gotta love them though!
I hope you have a super fun time and enjoy it like the old days! There;s nothing like going back to visit your hometown. There are so many memories and that comfortable feeling of being home. Have a great birthday vacation!
I hear ya on that one. I love living out east for that exact reason. In cali the leaves don't even fall! I hope it's wonderful and you don't miss it! It's peeking right now out here. I love Virginia too. Congrats!
carebear!!
wahoooooo!! that song got me so excited you get to come back to your beloved homelands. i remember at ricks you always talking about virginia and how much you loved it! haha...remember you blue bug! dumb question...i know. i remember visiting your sister (i believe holly) and there was your bug! you got so excited to see it you ran and jumped on top of it and i took a picture of you on top of it. i gotta dig through boxes to find that shot! anyway...let me know if we are able to see each other. honestly...even if it is for 10 minutes i would drive 3 hours! i think its been 5 years since i last saw you! let me know chica!! hope to see you guys soon! love jb
I feel you about being home sick. I just got back from my trip home and it was great. I hope you have a great time.
hey Carrie, I would love to see you while you are here, call me 804-497-1708, Take care, Crystal
Post a Comment