Thursday, August 21, 2008

Spencer's in Kindergarten!



Wow. Our baby is in school! We just got back from sending him off on the bus. He is so excited and so ready to begin his scholastic career. Well, he is ready for the social and fun, we'll see how ready he is for the work.

Riding to the bus stop Spencer looks half asleep:


My baby!:


There he goes:


This was the hardest thing for me - seeing the bus pull away with Spencer not by my side, and knowing that he was with all those kids without me to stick up for him if need be.:


There are 16 kids this year, K-6. There is only 1 other child, a boy, in Kindergarten with Spencer.

Here is a picture of his early 1900's 2-classroom school:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay so is it true that no mother can keep a dry eye as they watch their child leave to their first day of school. I know i shed a tear just reading your story. only cause i remember when Spencer was just a tiny baby. Perry and I loved him so much.Now to see him going off to school just brings a sweet tear to my eye. man i love that kid. what a heartbreaker too. he looked so charming. you'll have to update us on what he thinks of homework. what an exciting day in the andelin home

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! He is getting so big he is such a cute little boy I am sure that he will love school and it is kind of nice that it is such a small school too. How are you holding up? I don't know how I am going to do when Ethan starts school.

Anonymous said...

The cutest first day of school picture ever!! You have a cutie boy - who is growing up. Evan starts preschool on Monday - it's exciting but rips your heart out at the same time. Looks like you guys have been busy - always looks like that when I check your blog! I guess we all grow up - wait...are we old enough to have kids that go to school? haha.

Anonymous said...

That is one handsome kid! You totally have a "Little House on the Prairie" life right now. I can't believe he is one of 2 kindergarteners! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I think it is so exciting!! He is Independent! He is strong! I can just see is cute, excited Spencer eyes just anxiously waiting for the bus..and then leaving without you and feeling SO OLD! I love it and I love you guys!!
Jme

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie,

You did it again like every time I read your blog - pulled on my heart strings. I can't believe this day has arrived for your family - to send Spencer to his first day of school! He will do great! I love him and look forward to seeing all of you soon. Tell him this and that we are very proud of him.

Anonymous said...

Spencer looks so ready for school!! I love it! Its so cute, and so amazing that this day has come for you! This the first (in my eyes) of the major "growing up milestones" that he will reach. Before you know it, he will be getting baptized! Thats what happens, you blink and they are 5 years older! I think ever since Kyle hit kindergarten, the years since have flown even faster than the years before that when all my kids were little and at home. I think its harder when your first child hits those milestones too. I did shed a few tears when Kyle went to kindergarten, but I was perfectly fine when the twins went. Its so cute though for Spencer to start this new chapter in his life, where he will grow and learn, and become more independent. I will share more feelings on that when I see you this weekend. I am getting emotional just thinking too much about kids growing up. I am also a little sleep deprived...

Anonymous said...

You live in such a beautiful place. I love checking your blog just to see the pictures. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? 16 kids? Well, he can't get into too much trouble, now, can he? But your Spencer is probably not like my kolohe AIken, always looking for pranks...I have two crazies, but I sure LOVE them! Your place is beautiful. I love it there!