Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jumping Genes

Born Andelins are jumpers. I am a married-into Andelin and was not blessed with such natural born skill; I can barely jump to catch a frisbee and that's why I push so much when everyone else is in the air.
It was rainy and chilly outside the other day and we had TONS OF ENERGY as always. So what do you do? Bottle it and save it for a nicer day when you are lacking in energy? That would be nice, and I'm sure if we figured out a way to do that we would become overnight kajillionaires. So while we are working on that we'll just release a LITTLE by jumping on (and off) the bed.

Here is a "trick" by Spencer. No, this is not trick photography (as Weston first thought it was); it is Spencer's "play-it-cool backdrop".

This girl can get some serious air. She is also a super fast runner (for a 3-yr-old). Her secret is in her calves; they are very shapely and rock hard!

Spencer's "batman to the rescue!" jumps.


Ezra is never one to sit on the sideline. He wanted part of the action too (wearing Kate's cheerleader skirt).

Three of these jumps they landed on the floor...ouch! But don't worry, they all walked away happy and with nothing broken (and tired ;)).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny! I took some crazy jumping pictures of my kids today! I love your pics. I thought you tweeked Spencer's picture too. Holy cow!
loveum.

Anonymous said...

carrie i'm gonna have to ask you to stop making up words, kajillionaires...seriously? :)

billionaires, gazillionaires, maybe even quadtrillionaires, but i think kajillionaires is being a bit over ambitious

Anonymous said...

You are a fun mom I always yell at my kids when they jump on the bed I need to lighten up and let my kids be kids. You are a great example of the type of mom I want to be.

Anonymous said...

You guys are full of fun, that's for sure! I think my kids would LOVE your kids...they're crazy energetic too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures. The play it cool fall is hilarious. I think I would love your house. Fun and crazy! Your kids look way tougher than me though.