Friday, October 26, 2018

Hey There! It's Been A While

It's been sooooo long since I've typed anything on here, and almost 2 years since someone has commented. The girls and I were looking for a picture (of when Katelyn lost her first tooth to see how old she was, to compare with Zoe, who lost her first teeth this year), and it threw me all down that rabbit hole, and made me wish that I had kept up with it. It seems like the only way I can keep track of things is taking pictures of them. I really do refer to my blog sometimes to figure out when things were/prove to Weston that they happened when I thought they happened. :) 

Meet the newest guy, whose only appearance on this blog is as "baby #8 who will be coming soon" in the one post for my pregnancy announcement. He's 6 1/2 months old. Introducing:

Finn Wilder


As happy as this most of the time! He is sooooo sweet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's just so busy, you know, raising kids. 
(and that kid in the foreground there may keep me the busiest):

I have heard people say, "Once you have (fill in the blank # of) kids, it doesn't matter how many you have." 


This is just simply not true. Like, laugh in your face like a crazy women not true. Hahaha! It's always the people with that said # of kids that say that, and not the ones with more. I mean, for instance....more uv dis:::

Always so much laundry. But honestly, it usually doesn't look as bad as pictured above. I just thought it was funny how Finn fell asleep right there while I was doing stuff.

But it's so awesome raising kids (albeit challenging), and I find myself wishing lately that I had had my children closer together so that I could've had more. Not saying I'm done, not saying I'm not done. But I did have a big birthday this month, and it makes me a little sad that my child bearing years are getting closer to closing. Everyone says that women are having babies later these days, and I've had the thought that if God wanted women to stop having babies before 40 (like society seems to think they/we should), then he would've had them/us go through menopause at 40. LOL!

This is getting a little too personal, and I am way too tired, so....Adios, amigos!!!! Hope to chat again soon!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Every once in a great while I check in on a few blogs and wish I had kept mine up as well. Just wanted you to know that someone out there appreciates your efforts on the blog :) You guys seem to be doing great and it makes me smile to see your bunch. Someday we would love to stop by for a visit!! Also, everyone should post pictures of their laundry rooms on a bad day. We all need to see the reality of that. Feeling normal (as can be) is the best motherhood boost!

Holly said...

Wow blogging does still exist!!! :) Glad to see someone post! I check ever so often when I open my blog just to look over the past and see how much my kids have grown. Sigh. Hope all is well. Your family is darling and I love hearing about the ranch life.