It has been so fun doing homeschool Kindergarten with Jiles (and Zoe) this year. We have loved it. Since it's been nice out, we've been trying to do a lot of our things outside: math on the back porch; reading on the trampoline, or in the hammock. We recently moved this table off of the back porch and to the outside of the fence. It was totally calling our name for some painting the other day.
(You can see the front garden gate that Weston recently put in. I love it! I'll explain more about it later. We just need to finish the fence on either side of it.)
I got an art book called The Usborne Art Treasury by Rosie Dickins. It's great. It highlights a work of art, tells briefly about the artist and then gives an art project that mimics the piece, using all sorts of mediums. This one was Van Gough's Starry Night. It was teaching about using swirly patterns. We got to put glue in our paint, and use not only the bristles of the paintbrush, but the end and a plastic fork as well. It was fun.
Jiles's painting (which I helped him quite a bit):
And Zoe's painting (who I helped only a tiny bit):
1 comment:
That is so cool!! I might have to invest in that book! You are amazing!!
Post a Comment