Thursday, February 20, 2014

Welcoming Back Some Parental Missionaries

So, a long time ago on February 4, 2014, we piled into our Suburban and headed down our slightly muddy dirt road.


Destination: Boise Airport.
Reason: to greet some of my most favoritest people back into the country
Where they were: Poland - Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznan

My sisters Wendy and Julie and parts of their families came up from Utah to be there when they got off the plane too.
(Pix are from my phone and I was holding Oliver in one arm, and trying to take with one hand makes for blurry pix on my part.)

Brian with Luke
Wendy with Simon
 We unrolled not just one, but 3 finish lines for them to bust through.  The middle one is in Polish.


We waited.  A lady coming out read our signs and said that they were coming; they were on her flight.
We waited some more.

And at last they came!
They didn't quite bust through until we told them that that is what they were supposed to do.


I think that they busted through the first 2 and then went under the last one, as seen here in the picture below.


Oh, how wonderful to be with them again!!!!


I love them soooo much!


They had so many people to hug, grandchildren to admire how much they grew, and 3 new grandchildren to meet right there in the airport.


 The met Wendy's twins, and our own little Oliver.




 Oh, so nice to have my Daddy home!  He treats me like I'm the best thing ever.  He always has.  I'm sure my other siblings feel the same.  



We went back to my sister Holly's house for some grub and hanging out.

Mom and Dad with all their daughters
 I am hardly ever with my sisters, or any of my family I guess.  I wish that I were with them more.  Julie and Wendy left the next day.  I hope to go see them soon.

Wendy and her twinners.
 Kate looks a lot like Wendy.  Wendy told me that day that her son that is Kate's age saw a picture of Wendy when she was 8 or 9 and asked why they had a picture of Kate.  

They came and stayed with us that following Sunday night.  The next day we helped Weston check on calves.


Dad and Weston had a nice walk bringing a prolapsing cow back to the barn.


Saying, "See ya later".





Mom and Dad are in Houston now visiting my brother David and his family (and meeting Jakob).  Before that they were in Seattle visiting my brother Brian and fam (and meeting Tillie).
They'll come back to Boise next week and stay with us longer.  We only had them for not even 24 hours.  We are ready to have them much longer next time.


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Hair Family said...

What a fun day! Glad they are home. I would love to get some of your pictures of them walking through the banners.