(Still here and pregnant. My niece had a special day yesterday and we didn't want to miss it, so I didn't want to be induced, obviously. We'll see for next week.)
Top News for Today:
Spencer had his first scout campout last night
(and his first campout with no parents period). I am glad that he survived it. I was worried about his asthma, mostly. They slept in a tunnel thing, and although it was warmer than out in the open, it was dusty. This is what he has to say about it:
"Me and Justin set up the tent in the tunnel and got ready for bed and then we went to the campfire and cooked our meals. My food wasn't cooked all the way, but it tasted really good. I had meat, onions, and potatoes. After we ate dinner we played capture the flag. Then one of the boys went home and slept there. Then we went to bed. Some of the boys were all yelling and screaming during the night and Justin stayed up almost all night and I was asleep. Those boys that were yelling and screaming snuck out at midnight and lit the fire and ate some of my sausages that were for breakfast. One of the boys thought his roasting stick was cool, but it was really hot and he got burned and called his mom with his cell phone. She came and picked him up. 3 of the boys slept in the house.
The next day there was an inch of snow. Me and Justin woke up and went to the campfire, but no one was there, so we went back to the tunnel to see the boys that were sleeping. Then we went back to the tent and then we saw some lights flashing back there, and we went back and they were awake and we talked for a while. Then we went back to the campfire. One of the scout masters was lighting the fire and we got the stove ready to cook our sausages, bacon and eggs on. Then everyone woke up and we were all eating. Then we were packing our stuff and two of the boys came with an air soft gun and shot me in the leg. And he said, "Are you going to cry?" It made me feel mad. Then we picked our stuff up and took it to the cars and waited for somebody to pick us up. Then Justin's mom came and picked me and Justin up and went to their house and played with legos. Then my dad came and picked me up and we went home.
It was a fun campout."
Cute Spencer. What a good boy. He was in charge of starting the fire last night. Since it is his daily chore at home, it was no biggy for him.
Silly other boys for being so silly. I'm glad that he has Justin.
Last night before I went to bed I went to check on everyone, as always, and of course Spencer wasn't in his bed. Then on the floor in Jiles and Zoe's room was this little Baby Spencer doll:
Melt my heart.
How has he gotten so big so fast?
And how in the world am I about to have my 6th child??
Sheesh, time.



2 comments:
Maybe it's better if you don't know all the details of Spencer's campouts! Best wishes for a smooth, in-hospital, epiduraled delivery! Can't wait to see pics of the new little one and learn his/her name.
Gotta love scout campouts...our twins had one last weekend too! I guess they're fun, and they make you tough! Spencer is turning into a "big kid" and it's awesome but weird to have them grow up. It seems like when they're little they will always be little... Good luck today!! Prayers coming your way!
Post a Comment