Yesterday I was gone all day. I had a baby appointment plus a few other things. It was so pretty in town. The streets were covered in leaves and lined with colorful deciduous trees. The leaves would fall and hit the car as I drove under them and fly up in the air from the ground as cars drove through them. I was LOVING it.
On the way home it started to snow. The closer we got to home, the snowier, and whiter things were, and the more the road was covered. Kate was excited because, "the air conditioner is finally working in the car!" By the time we got home it looked like this:
First snow of the season on November 5th. Eek. The kids were so excited, of course, and wanted to run the last little bit home in it.
We weren't exactly dressed for snow.
Snow ball anyone? Or big huge fat shredded wheat?
The kids made a legit sized snowman in the backyard. They came in for a carrot for the nose, and then told me later that Kate ate it. That girl loves carrots.
It's all melted now. The kids are bummed, but I am not.

It was fun having it for an evening. But nice having it gone. It shouldn't snow until December 1st, in my opinion. No, make that December 24th. One of my favorite things about snow, though? A cuddly home to go into with a fire burning in the wood stove (thanks, Rancher).




No comments:
Post a Comment