Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ezra's Birthday


The boy is 7 years old. 
Ezra boy.


We started out by donning his favorite color: RED.  
Then after a Captain Crunch breakfast (gag!  but it is what he wanted), we opened presents early on the back porch.  Normally we do presents in the evening, but there was one gift in particular that Weston wanted him to open as soon as possible.


Kate gave him her dream catcher the she made because Ezra has been having bad dreams lately.  He loved it and thanked her with a "hug".


He got his own pack of permanent markers and a new pad of paper.  Ezra is an artist.  He loves anything art.


A piggy bank, since the one that he got for Christmas shattered and he was oh so sad about it.


He also got a huge inflatable soccer ball for a soccer maniac.
He had to cover his eyes for the last gift.  
He is rubbing his eyes in this picture.


With his eyes still closed, Weston picked him up and put him on...


a mini motorcycle!
Kate showed him how to ride it and that is all they did until...


...his friend party!  Woohoo!



Little observer.




I love the look on Max's face as he is waiting for Ezra to open the present that he gave him.  So cute.



Of course Zoe has to look over the babies.





Ezra and Riley.


Ezra wanted a dragon robot cake.  ?
This was as close as I got.


Oh my goodness, this face.  
I know that I have mentioned before that Ezra is a little ham.  He was LOVING all of the attention and everything.  He sometimes has a hard time being serious.


Timmy gave him his 2 so cool Spider Man shirts that Ezra has always admired (they have webs under the arms, after all).


Zoe plopped herself right down by Noah to eat her ice cream.


Ezra's additions to the chalkboard.


Weston led the kids in a few games like freeze tag, a dragon game, and red rover.
Boys vs girls?  The boys:


The girls (looks like they captured Max already):


Freeze tag:


Catherine and Dawson:


JaNae playing ring around the rosy with the little ones:


Spencer brought in the flag when a bit of rain started after everyone left.


Luckily, for E's sake, it was just that: a bit of rain.  It would be tragic if he couldn't practice on his new bike.  He and Kate took turns riding it pretty much through the evening.


S    E    V    E    N    

Photobucket

6 comments:

Walker Family said...

Happy birthday. He is such a stud.
PS I love your door mat. Did you make that?

carrie @ the boonie life said...

The doormat is from Target. I love it, too. :)

The Mrs. said...

I'm so happy for Ezra! We adore him!!!

I finally caught up on your blog. It's been a while. I didn't get the update in my feed, for some reason...

xoxo

Jamon said...

Happy b-day Ezra! Awesome motorcycle, I'm so jealous.

Natalie in Sparks said...

Happy birthday! Ezra you are awesome - motorcycle and all!

Sijbrich said...

HB, Ezra. Love the T-shirt you wore on your birthday!:-)