Monday, April 15, 2013

Conference Weekend


Last weekend was General Conference weekend.

I LOVE Conference weekend.

I love the talks, cuddling at home, being inspired, being together.
It was a cold and rainy day, which was perfect for being inside watching Conference by the fire with lots of blankets.




While we are listening to the talks, we do various things to keep our hands busy, but our ears available for listening.  I like to take notes and I have a notebook that I've kept for like 5 years now.  It has lots of kiddy scribbles from whoever happened to be sitting by me, as well as tracings of hands over the years. Sometimes I'll print off activity sheets that have to do with conference, like word searches, and coloring pages, and stuff like that.

Here are a few things that we did this time:
Trace pictures out of The Story of the World history workbook, like this one Spencer is doing of Sinbad the Sailor.  He's not very religious, but oh well.


Water color paint.  Kate and Ezra did this most of the time both days.  We have lots of beautiful pictures that are now taped on the kitchen window, and lots of paper plate lions and what not.




Ezra's "Toothless".

Braided yarn on the end of the afghan.


Listened to the glorious melodies of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir from the comfort of under the umbrella.


After it was over the kids have fun doing shadow puppet shows.



A tradition that Weston started last conference was measuring the kids against the now Measuring Wall in the mudroom.  I want to paint a ruler thing on the side and put their exact measurements, too.  That's my part, I suppose.








Zoe grew the most.  I'll have to come back on here and add how much they grew.

As far as the messages, they were amazing and inspiring as always.  Here is a highlight that I just got off of lds.org really fast.

It is Boyd K. Packer.  I love his voice and his wisdom.




To watch highlights go here.
To watch all of them go here.

And, lastly, this is a video that we saw between conference sessions.  It totally made me cry.  It is just as inspiring to mothers as it is to fathers, in my opinion.




:)


Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What wonderful family traditions! Conference was wonderful! Thanks for sharing
Ezra's drawing of toothless is awesome.