Wait, wait! Before we get too far into 2013, I want to post about Tyson and Marta's wedding.
Weston and I left our kids at home and flew to Phoenix, Arizona on December 14th for this very special event. Tyson is Weston's last brother to get married. Woohoo!
On Saturday, December 15th (also my sister Wendy's 40th birthday!), we gathered together at the Mesa Temple to see them be married for forever.
We were hoping, since it is Mesa, AZ and all, that it would be warm and sunny. Not so. It was rainy and cool, like in the 50's, but still a lot warmer than home.
| Every temple has such amazing architecture and so much beautiful detail, inside and out. |
I had never been to Arizona. I thought that it was really pretty. I wish that Kate, the citrus lover, could've seen these grapefruit trees. Amazing.
The ceremony was beautiful and simple, as every temple sealing that I've been to has been.
After it was over, we all went outside to wait for the bride and groom to come out. While we were waiting we took a few pictures of each other.
Cameron, the oldest brother, and his wife Natalie:
Daron, the 3rd brother, and his wife Jamee:
Jamon, brother number 4, and his wife Staci:
Ammon, number 6, and his wife Leslie and their beautiful baby Tessa:
I asked Daron if he would take a picture of Weston and I. When he handed the camera back I said, "Thanks" assuming that he had taken one or two normal pictures. I had to crack up at the little series that he got:
That last one with Cameron in it. Hahaha!
My mother-in-law and her mother-in-law:
It was so fun to be able to see my mother-in-law who we hadn't seen in 6 months because she and my father-in-law have been serving as the mission president (and m.p's wife) in Colombia.
Cameron with Jamon and Staci's Asher:
And then, out they came (as did the sun and some blue sky):
Woohoo! Husband and wifey!
Pictures, please.
I love, love, LOVE this picture that Weston took of his grandma. She is such a fabulous lady!:
Marta with her 5 new sisters and new mother:
And that reminds me. We all went and got pedicures and manicures the night before the wedding. I got my first ever manicure.
Me and Olivia:
I gave Olivia my camera for a bit and let her take pictures. I loved seeing what she took pictures of.
She took a picture a us,
her newly painted fingernails,
and toenails,
Olivia's little brother Brigham took this one of how he likes to live life:
When we were done, we left the beautiful temple,
and drove through ginormous puddles in our little rented Fiat to get to the reception.
| Brigster. |
It was at a golf course. We had a nice meal that was served to us, and then a little program, and then lots and lots of dancing. It was sooo fun! I hadn't danced like that in years.
Tyson supplied the glow sticks. Weston thought it would be cool to take the picture throw the glow stick:
The brothers 6 had a little dance off gangnum style. It was hilarious. I had never heard of that song/dance until this wedding, and still haven't seen it (the most watched video on YouTube...big whoop).
Olivia the flower child. She was all aglow. She is quite the dancer, that one. :)
The reception was capped off with sending paper lanterns into the sky. Tyson and Marta's song is the song from Tangled, and I guess this has to do with how he proposed, so there you go.
My nephew Jaxon mesmerized by the light:
Grandma and Jaxon:
My nephews Carter and Brigham:
Ammon, who is also into these paper lanterns:
And the happy couple sending one off together. How sweet. :)
I'm just noticing Weston's happy face down there in the corner of that picture. Hahaha. :)








2 comments:
i loved all of those pictures so much, Carrie! Thanks for sharing!
miss you.
Jamee
xoxo
Thanks Carrie! It was such a happy day.
Post a Comment