Yesterday was a beautiful Winter day.
The sky was a deep blue.
The snow was powdery, and not too deep, yet not too shallow.
The sun was all shiny.
The kids didn't have school.
It truly felt like a holiday.
Our nephew, who was here for a week and a half, went home yesterday.
Weston and Spencer and Kate took him to meet up with some of our friends who were going his way. They had to leave our house at 5:30 in the morning so that they could leave our friends' house at 6.
It was below zero, as every morning has been lately, and Weston started my dad's truck to warm it up (our suburban was less than reliable and my dad's truck is here while they are on their mission in Poland). This truck has a thing that it locks itself after the engine is on (not the smartest of features, in my opinion). I Skyped my parents in Poland to ask them if there was a spare key somewhere, and luckily they were home.
We couldn't find a spare key, though, and Weston left the truck running while he took the suburban to take our nephew. Our friend gave Weston a metal hanger to pick the lock. We don't even have a metal hanger.
When he came back home he was able to pick the lock with the hanger, thank goodness. He also brought home a few kids.
Our friends took our nephew and we are watching their kids until they get back. Fair trade. We are getting quite the collection of pictures of all of those kids together, and in age order.
Weeee.....
Kate's latest gap:
Hitching a ride home from sledding:
Warming up:
Here is a video that we helped my nephew do for his school project about his Winternship here at the ranch. He did a great job on it. I only helped him a little bit. I loved seeing his personality really come out while doing it.



1 comment:
That is such a hilarious video. The push ups with one arm. I was dying. Haha, Ezra ;) I wish I had made something awesome like that when I visited you guys! Love you!
Post a Comment