It is c c c cold out.
But the sun was so sunny today that we couldn't resist getting out in it.
Plus, Rancher had asked if we would throw the cows some hay.
| Angel, the horned cow. |
Kate, Ezra and Jiles went out with me to do just that.
Kate got straight to work.
And then I pitched in (pun intended).
While I was pitching, Ezra was standing on top of the hay bale taking a million pictures of the cows "in action".
I love hay. It's warm and it smells so good. It's itchy, too, but if your fully covered it's no biggy.
Kate so kindly helped Jiles, who wanted so very much to help.
I got the camera back from Ezra and took an action shot of him.
Then we started to walk to the barn.
But then we turned around to go up the hill instead. Kate climbed one of the fuel tanks.
And the hay one more time.
We watched the sun set.
And looked at turkey tracks in the snow.
Then we went inside, made chicken fajitas, ate them, and then wrote down some New Year's goals. Weston asked them to write down one physical, one spiritual, and one temporal goal.
Weston included career and financial goals on his.
Then we rolled them up, put them into a balloon, blew up the balloons...
drew on them...
| That's our (Rancher's and my) just-certified-brand-new brand, by the way. |
...and then we put the balloons on the Christmas tree. We'll pop them on New Year's Day and read them out loud. And then we'll burn our tree outside. Hopefully. And put away all the Christmas stuff. I am always so ready to clear it all out; burn it up, clear it out and start a NEW YEAR!



2 comments:
sweet brand!
It is freakin' cold here. How do you handle for so long? I want to get on a plane ASAP!
Post a Comment