I LOVE to lay on my back in the grass on a blue-sky, even-the-slightest-bit-of-warm day.
These are some of the things I see while I am down there on that smelly good green stuff (and thanks to my zoom lens, I can get a close look while on my backside).
And random, or weird, or what have you:
I dreamed last night that I was best friends with Taylor Swift. We were riding around in her yellow Volkswagen Bug and we went somewhere and people were staring at us. And then her bug went into the creek at the ranch here, and under water, and I pulled it out (but it had morphed into an orange VW Bus), I pulled it out with my bare hards and poured the water off and put it back together in the south pasture, right next to the creek.
Then I dreamed that I was in a hallway sitting on the floor in front of a door, and then Mitt Romney came out, and I told him that it was okay that he lost, that it was all going to be all right, and he said that he knew that.
Then I was at a political convention up on the stage with all these people in the crowd and I was standing with Sheri Dew and Sarah Palin. I asked if we could sit down yet.
I must be on some sort of power trip.
I have never had so many dreams of famous people, if any at all.
The other morning Kate told me that she woke up in the middle of the night to a THUD and then she looked around and her bed was really high next to her. She had fallen out of bed. It was funny how she said it.
We're getting ready to host most of my family here for Thanksgiving. We will have 36 people: 10 parents and 26 children, ages 2 months to 18 years old. I am excited. We will be missing my Australian brother and his family, my Hawaiian brother, and my Polish parents.
We have some fun things planned.
I have a concern, though...
I am supposed to cook the turkey; I have never ever done that before.
I'll survive, though, I am sure. I have 3 sisters and 1 sister-in-law to help me.
Excuse the snottiness. Zoe is so funny how she sticks her tongue out when she is trying so hard to do something. She reminds me of my maternal grandmother. And my brother David. And my mom. And me. Sometimes.
I painted a room in my house yesterday. I will share later.
Spencer scored his first basket in basketball over the weekend. It was his 3rd game ever. It was a swoosh.
Weston and I have our first adult league indoor soccer game on Friday. I hope that I will not die. I haven't played in ages. And I am very much out of shape. But playing a sport that I love is for sure the best way for me to get back into shape. Because it is fun.
My rancher and I picked 2 buckets of apples today. The last of the season for sure. Many of the apples had been frozen too many times/too hard, but there were some good ones still (the ones we picked). They're going to be for the campfire dutch oven apple crisp next week when everyone is here. Mmm mmm.
Happy little November bee
(him,
and me).
1 comment:
I cooked one last year for the first time. Oh the way the house smells with a turkey cooking is just wonderful. makes me want to do it again and agian. Maybe they make a turkey smelling candle :-O
Love ya
Jesse Beth
Post a Comment