Lagoon.
So fun!
Have you ever been there?
This was my first time, and the kids, too. Weston went once when he was 14.
We went while we were in Utah a couple of weeks ago.
It is really a fun place. I like it, too, because it is not so big, but still has too many things to do in one day. We kept seeing the same people over and over again. We stayed at a hotel the night before, and that morning during breakfast I accidentally switched keys with a family who sat at the same table as me. I saw them at Lagoon like 3 times.
We got there just as it was opening. Two of Weston's brothers, Jamon and Tyson, and Tyson's girlfriend, Marta, met us there.
It was SOOO great having 5 adults to 5 kids. It made riding rides so much more fun and easier. The very first thing that we did when we got in the park was head straight to Wicked, the green and yellow roller coaster that you can see in the picture above. Spencer and Kate were big enough to ride Wicked and, besides a dinky little roller coaster at the Fiddle Festival 2 years ago, it was their first roller coaster. Pretty intense. Kate sat between Marta and I and both of us were holding her wrists super tightly, just in case she flew out or something. It goes straight up and then straight down and then upside down. Whew, it was fun.
Ezra dreams of the day when he is 46" tall, and can ride all of the rides. He has about 4" to go. Maybe next summer?
Jiles was too little to go on Puff, the dinky kid coaster, but they let him ride BomBora, which I thought was an intense roller coaster (for a 3-yr-old). Odd, but I wasn't complaining.
Overall, it was SUCH A FUN DAY! I can't wait to go next year. And you'd better be sure that we are going to get that bounce back pass, where you can go the next day for like $10 more, or something like that.
Oh yeah, this was on Zoe's 1st birthday!
She was such a sweetie the whole time. The only ride that she went on was the Carousel, but she was happy just to be there with us.
Weston wasn't feeling well for most of the day, so he only went on a few rides. But that meant that I got to go on all of the rides with the big kids while he stayed with Zoe (and sometimes Jiles, and sometimes Ezra, too)!
We went to Lagoon-A-Beach for a couple of hours. That was fun, and so liberating to lock all of the valuables away in a locker for a little while and just play.
We went to Lagoon-A-Beach for a couple of hours. That was fun, and so liberating to lock all of the valuables away in a locker for a little while and just play.
One thing that I really wanted to do that day was ride the Ferris Wheel at sunset. After 9 hours of being there, though, it was time to head out to Uncle Ammon's and Aunt Leslie's house. So we ended up riding the F.W. at like 8:15. It was the last ride we went on, and I must say that it was a great, and relaxing, way to end that Lagoon experience.






4 comments:
I went a couple of times with one of my roommates at BYU. It was a lot of fun. Some of their little side plays were very cool too! I loved the ride that took you way up and then dropped you down :) Glad you had more adults to help out. We have learned that that makes all the difference at amusement parks!!
Yes do go next year so I can come.
You finally made it to my favorite amusement park...for all of the reasons you mentioned. My kids love it too. Maybe we can meet you there next summer!
And, Happy Birthday Zoe! 1 already?! time flies....
What a fun day! Yes we need to take our kids there - I haven't been for such a long time, but it is a great place! I love your ferris wheel pictures and the one of cute little birthday girl Zoe looking soo happy!
Post a Comment