I LOOOOOVE the
Fourth
of
July!
I miss the days of going to Fort Lee (as in Robert E. Lee) in Prince George County, Virginia. We went there every year growing up (except for 1 year that I can remember when I was a teenager and my brother and I went to the fair with some friends instead).
Crowds, smells of food, family and friends sprawled out on blankets all around us, eating goodies, playing soccer and frisbee, sweating in the hot humid Virginia summer evening, music such as John Pillip Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever and Neil Diamond's Coming to America blaring on loud speakers, and then, when it got dark, Miss Liberty lighting up, and then the big fireworks show.
I'm sure everyone has memories like this. Let me tell you they are the best. I've always said that my 2 favorite days of the year are Christmas and the Fourth of July.
Here's a little festive music, a few classics, maybe a little cheesy-ness (click on the picture in the top left corner of the player to watch the video for each song).



Create a playlist at MixPod.com
And here are some fun and Fourth-y pictures that get me all excited and inspired
(found on Pinterest).
![]() |
| source |
![]() |
| source |
![]() |
![]() |
| source |
![]() |
| source |
We've got a bunch of sickies around here. I know, on the Fourth of JULY! What's up with that?!
But we're making do with what we have, which is plenty, and the 3 oldest just headed down to the creek. Ezra just ran off trying to catch up with Spencer and Kate with a flip-flop on the left foot, a brown shoe on the right foot, a stuffed animal in one hand, and the lid to a big plastic tote in the other. Hmmm. I love their creativity.
Hope you all have a fabulous Fourth!























1 comment:
CARRIE,
We ent to Richmond on the 3rd to see fireworks shot from Belle Island. We sat in some random parking lot and saw only the top half, but it was a GREAT show. We were next to a truck full of colege students. Our kids got up on top of the van so they could see better. it was SO much fun. Can you believe I have never been to Fort Lee to see the fireworks, kind of un-patriotic when you live here. We spent the forth with family and watched all the fireworks the neighbors were doing. I love the 4th too: family, goodies, grilled food, fireworks, hot, humid, melt-your-skin-off Virginia weather (that what the water guns are for). Hope you all had fun.
Jesse Beth
Post a Comment