We are out of school for the summer. The last day of school was last Thursday, and the students had their Memorial Day program at our community cemetery.
| Waiting as the two 6th graders raised the American and P.O.W. flags. |
They raised the American and P.O.W. flags, we all joined in the Pledge of Allegiance, the students sang patriotic songs such as "God Bless America", they read off the names of the veterans from our community, and they recited quotations from famous early Americans.
| My 3. |
Spencer recited Robert E. Lee, "...I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation."
I love our school.
At the end of the program, the kids put crosses and flags on the veterans graves, and walked reverently and respectfully around the very small cemetery with the teacher as she talked about those buried there.
| The 3rd graders, Spencer and his bff, Timmy. |
| This is where Weston and I were married: the Salt Lake Temple. I had never noticed it on one of the headstones before. |
| Half of the school, including Ezra the goofster. |
3 comments:
I love that face Ezra is making in that picture! So cute :)
Sweet Carrie;
I love this post. I love your school. Spencer, Kate, Ezra and the others are so fortunate to have a teacher who teaches reverence and respect for those who have given their lives in the service of our country. To experience rather than to learn it in the classroom is to teach to the heart. She is a very wise teacher, and they are so fortunate to have her. And to attend this small, wonderful school.
Love you;
Mom
Neat program to observe memorial day! I wish we were out of school! Kyle is out tomorrow and everyone else is in 2 weeks.
Post a Comment