When a rancher turns 34:
he is mature;
he is responsible;
he watches vigilantly over his herd, protecting them from predators;
he cares for the mama cows and their babes;
he works hard fixin' fence (all 50 miles of it) to keep his cattle in;
he feeds hay in the morning even though it means that he will be sneezing all day;
he is unselfish;
his hands are rough and callused;
his skin is tan;
he is contemplative.
And at 34
he is fun,
and kid-like,
and sudoku crazed,
and totally fun to be with,
and a better daddy and husband than he has ever been.
Yup, yup.
and kid-like,
and sudoku crazed,
and totally fun to be with,
and a better daddy and husband than he has ever been.
Yup, yup.
At 34 he is still cool like that.
(Would you expect anything different?)
I love you, Rancher!
You're my bff fer sure.
H a p p y B i r t h d a y !
(Weston loves to read comments almost more than I do, so leave him a "Happy Birthday!" shout out! ;) Thanks!)

11 comments:
fer sher as CB would say, you're the best rancher son-in-law we know! We love to be in your home and enjoy your sweet family. You are a fun, caring, intelligent, man of real integrity (which is not a common trait in today's world.) We love you!
Dad and Mom Sheley
I can see why you love him. Happy birthday!
kind of Gross that you are wearing your old retainer.
I've been playing a lot of sodoku lately too. Maybe we should do a sodoku challenge at the reunion.
Happy Birthday.
Feliz Cumpleanos, Rancher. We like getting to know you through the Mrs' blog. That's amazing that you can play ping-pong so well with such bad eyesight (those glasses must be 1/2 an inch thick!).
Sijbrich,
When are we going on that double date? You know, dinner, show, and then some crazy ping pong.
Hey Weston! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great day. 34 is a nice age....not too old, not too young, right? That is funny you were wearing that retainer - do you wear it often? If not, amazing that it still fits. Good job with all the ranch work- you are awesome!
Happy Birthday Rancher! I've long contended from viewing the incredible pictures and commentary that your lovely wife posts that you truly live a great rancher life. And isn't that birthday present enough? I love the picture of you standing on the bail of hay with baby under arm. Kudos to your wife for taking the shot and kudos to you for being a good model ;)All the best with thirty four!
Happy late birthday Weston! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog, I've read it through a lot and definitely thought about it. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!
i keep checking your blog for updates on the family reunion! Until then...happy belated birthday. :-)
Remember when you used to blog? Remember how much I loved reading your posts and knew so much about your life?
Okay, you remember?
Then please accommodate me because I feel outta da loop.
Please and thank you.
Weston, happy late birthday. I got your message and that is great that the calf lived. If we had to bet on that one we would have both lost our money. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. Remember what I said "if this calf lives then I want a steak from it because it would have to have something magical about it."
cory
Post a Comment