Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One More


I forgot that Jiles needed Valentine's to hand out at the school party, too.  The party was at 1 today.  I grabbed this tablecloth and threw it over the couch at about five after 12.  Grabbed these letters that I had found at a used stuff store a couple of weeks ago (that one of my friends recently bought) and set Jiles right down amidst them all.   {What a cutie.}  We had all 32 of them ready to go by l2:25.  Valentine's made this year (okay, so every year for the last few years): 4 (my kids) x 32 (people at school including the bus driver, the volunteers, and the janitor) = 128 (plus some for grandma and grandpa and a few more).

Today was packed full.  I stayed up waaaay too late last night getting things ready (2 a.m.), woke up at 6:30, then morning rush, big 3 off to school, paint first coat of sealer on the green hutch sitting in my entryway while toddler eats cereal and infant sleeps, friend (other room mother) came over to help get treats finished for the sdhool, party, visiting teachers, clingy 2-year-old, party at school, quilt block for lady at church, homework/piano practice, dinner (started spaghetti...nope, out of time, so cold cereal), pinewood derby, carry sleepy kids to bed, Weston checks on calves outside in the dark.  Romantic or what?  Hahaha.  I love life.

Photobucket

2 comments:

D Sheley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D Sheley said...

yep. So very life. Very romantic...in it's own way. If there weren't the two of you in love, you wouldn't have the blessings of your busily fun filled valentines day that the kids bring into life. I guess that is the way it just is. I don't think we have had a romantic valentines or even anniversary for....I don't remember when! But, I love the busy that comes with family and every day I get to be with them. I know you do too! Can see it in all you do. Love you! Thanks for sharing.
And...I love your kid's valentines. Very sweet! Good job all of you!