Hi.
I've been working on a play/movie for the cub scouts. It's called How Baloo Taught Mowgli the Law of the Pack (a.k.a. The Jungle Book). My mom helped make a mural for a back drop. We will also be using it for the annual school carnival in April. I asked the other parents and teachers if the theme for the carnival could please be 'jungle' since we are making jungly props for the play (they said yes). It will save me a ton of work and time if they are both the same theme. 2 birds, one stone.
Here is what I asked my mom to paint the mural on:
a bunch of weathered doors from the old ranch house.
Bring in the "oops" paint and leftovers from other projects:
mmm...that's a pretty sight.
Then give an artist some inspirational music
and the freedom to let her do what she wants
and
let
her
go.
First you get this:
then this:
(The picture taped to the door in the above picture is of a mural that you can buy from Target.com for $83. It was our "plan". My mom did it like EXACTLY the same in probably 5 hours (she calls it 'rough' since she was trying to hurry). She is amazing. I can't believe her color matching ability, too.)
then this:
and then this:
Hi. That's pretty dang awesome, Momma.
Our kids ask, "Can we go to The Jungle?"
They like to play with their stuffed animals in front of it. Mom painted chimps and gibbons and a tiger and an elephant and tropical birds and a leopard in there that the stuffed animals talk to. I have jungle sounds on my computer that they want me to play while they play.
My little niece, Olivia, came up with my mom. She and Jiles and Zoe hung out. They all got along great. Jiles called her, "Ee-Uh."
Jiles posed himself with his arm around Olivia. Hahaha. He's too cool to smile, by the way.
Thanks, Sary Mue, for painting us The Jungle!
You are muy talented!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
P.S.:
Tomorrow is the tenth, which means 10 on 10. Come on, it's fun. You should do it. You'll be glad you did.
Tomorrow is the tenth, which means 10 on 10. Come on, it's fun. You should do it. You'll be glad you did.
Go here for details.



11 comments:
WOW! That is amazing! i can't believe she did that in 5 hours and calls it rough - it is fabulous! Carrie now I know where you get all of YOUR artistic talent! that will be so great for scouts and the carnival too! (and just to look cool in your house) I WANT ONE!
ps. I just might do a 10 on 10 tomorrow...I thought of it earlier this week!
ditto to what Natalie said. I can hardly wait to see it in person.
How AMAZING!! Can we come play jungle??
xoxo
she is awesome! that is so cool, my kids would love that, too ;)
Wow! I already knew she was good, but that is really good. Think you can find a place to keep those around forever? That is a pretty neat treasure for the kids. Mary Alice is still mad at me for leaving the closet doors she painted in her room at our house in Alaska! Thanks for showing us her awesome work!
ANd, I did it. The 10 on 10 thing...didn't look at your link though...so hopefully it's up to par...
And, sorry to repeat the wow. Didn't even see the other wows till after the post. But the paintings really are a wow!
I didn't even know your mom can paint! An dangit, I forgot the 10 on 10 again!
Your mom taught me a few art lessons back in VA and they were great but.... why did I not take advantage of those skills more?!?!
I was looking back through some of your posts and I gotta say.... the country life looks exciting, I'm a little jealous:)
WOW MOM! (or if you turn that sentence upside down - !WOW MOM) How can you not love her and all of her amazing talents that she never flaunts? She's my idol fer shur.
WOW!! I had no idea your mom was an artist!! How amazing!! and in 5 hours?? that is just pure talent and love!!
Post a Comment