Sunday, October 9, 2011

my birfday and juicering

The last time I blogged I was 32.  Now I am 33.


Really quickly about age:  I have always liked the age that I am; I have never wished to be younger or older.  I think that I say that every year, but it is true.

My lovely napkin card from my dear old dad and mom.  Living boonie = improvisation.  Love it.
Gifty time.  Spencer cannot stand to NOT assist in the opening of a gift, and I cannot stand to NOT give advice on how to use my camera.
Did I mention that both sets of grandparents live right by us right now?  We are in our own little piece of heaven!


My birthday, as well as 3 other days of the week last week, was dedicated to the juicing of grapes.



Double time.



Total yield: 224 quarts of delicious and nutritious grape juice, plus 3 1/2 gallons of thicker/pulpy juice to make 9 batches of grape jelly, plus a yummy smelling house.  And I tell you, the weather was perfect.  Warm and nice on the day we picked and refrigerator cool and rainy for the days we ran the hot juicers.

.................................................................................................................................................................

 My sister, Holly, came over today with her fam and a nutritious and delicious dinner (a belated birthday dinner for me).  So yummy!  I took some senior pix of my 17-year-old niece, too, around the ranch a little with my cute and funny 13-year-old niece as both her and my assistant.  It was fun.  Like always I took a ton of pix.  I'll have to share some later.
Photobucket

7 comments:

The Castleton Family said...

happy birthday carebear! thinking of you girl!

Bekah said...

That grape juice setup looks so familiar! We are going to start that in a little while. Love it! :) And happy birthday!

The Tomlinsons said...

Happy Birthday!

Sijbrich said...

Happy birfday, Carrie. I like that you like whatever age you are. Whenever I think I'm "old" I just remind myself that in 10 years I'll look back and think, "wow, I was so young. I wish I had appreciated it more then."

Jill said...

The best grape juice I ever had was fresh like that. :) Loved it. And then they added some cream soda to half a glass of grape juice and it was DELICIOUS! Happy Birthday girl!!!

Natalie in Sparks said...

yummy! I love fresh concord grape juice. And happy birthday! I am sorry I didn't call you to sing to you! I am glad you had a good day. You deserve it!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Holy smokes! Check out all that grape juice! Mmmmmm! Looks amazing! And I still maintain that you guys have such an amazingly full life! Wow! And happy birthday lovely carrie! I sure love you, friend.