still here.still alive.
living life.doing stuff.
like always.
didn't mean to not post for 3 weeks. it just happened that way.
we've been canning, and taking trips to california, and doing laundry, and playing, and canning some more, and going to school, and chopping wood, and changing diapers, and trying to figure out how to keep my oldest from having so many asthma attacks, and loving each other, and breaking up fights, and cleaning house, and feeding chickens and goats, and all of that other life stuff that we all do everyday.
it's great.life's great.
i want to add blogging to that list again. cuz i like blogging.
we went to a sweet produce stand in the country where those of us who didn't grow a garden this year can load up on fruits and veggies like those that did do a garden this year. (we're every other year gardeners it seems like. we either have a baby or a garden. this year: baby.) we got lots of green peppers and tomatoes and onions and jalepeno peppers for salsa. and we got 10 dozen ears of corn.
they also had a field of zinnias that were so pretty. they were in the same place that the sunflowers were in last year.
10 dozen corn = lots of schucking/husking (what do you call it?)
the kids like to eat them raw.
and back at the ranch over these last few weeks (presented in a rather random fashion)...
canning = eating lots of cold cereal...
ezra goes to Kindergarten 2 days one week and 3 days the other week. he loves it, but i love having him at home. i crave homeschooling. if only our school wasn't so awesome. haha. i do some schooling at home anyway, because i like it that much...
hanging laundry is a little trickier these days with 2 very dependent littles...
i tried using the dryer because it was getting so hard to hang out a load, but it doesn't dry. so my hanging out clothes because i like to so much has become hanging out clothes because that is how they have to get dry now...
kate, the girl that does not like to get her hair fixed, asked me to curl her hair! big time shocker.
she is also the girl that does not like to get her picture taken unless she is in the mood (as demonstrated in the photo below where she was not in the mood)...
jiles's hair gets longer...
he couldn't find his boots one day, so he put on some flip flops...
(ouch)
kate writes stories, or reads every night before bed...
she also started piano lessons...
weston has been busy chopping wood whenever he is not doing ranch stuff, getting us ready for a cold winter...
the bugs have been really bad this year, and i heard someone say that when the bugs are really bad, it's going to be a hard winter. is that true?
weston has also been getting the hay stacked and stocked in the hay shelters...
we all gathered around to watch, even zoe this time...
spencer's cleats are his school shoes these days...
jiles is like a faithful ranch dog. he sits on the 4-wheeler waiting for the rancher to come along, and every time an engine starts up he feels like he has to be going along...
grandma gives cute little grandkids horsey rides...
we have 2 new neighbors...
well temporarily.
my ma and pa are staying right next to us in the ranch guest house. love.
they just sold their house and are in the process of getting another one.
and i cut jiles's hair!...
it was so long and knotty and o.o.c. not the best job, but you try cutting a crazy active 2-year-old's hair. it's hard.
we hit the vineyard today and picked basically 2 truck loads (well grandparents picked most of them while i chased jiles half the time) sleep time now. everyone else is. asleep, that is. gotta wake up and get going on juicing.
fun season.








9 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad you posted! I love reading your blog and I've missed it. And this post made me think of Laura Ingalls Wilder, basically my favorite story/life dream ever. Awesome. I'm pretty jealous. :)
Welcome back..... I so love reading your blog. Life on a ranch is intriguing...... so different to mine. Love love your blog!!
Great post! Happy Birfday today. Love you,
Love Weston
Your blog makes me miss Idaho. Boo. I actually miss canning an juicing, even though when I was little I hated it when my Mom pulled out the canner. I can't believe how big Zoe looks! She's adorable!! Is it your birthday? Happy birthday if it is!!
I have been trying so hard to tell you happy birthday on your birthday!! Every year I think of you but I don't always verbalize...so here it is:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I hope your day is truly happy and filled with peanut butter mint frosting (homemade by your mother....yum!)
Jamee
xoxo
I also had remembered your birthday, Happy Birthday. Love this post. A girl after my own heart. I seem to be in the same boat lately and blogging kinda somehow jumped off board. But I too am trying to revive the idea and try and find some time to blog its so important to capture life through the yes of us mothers. I wish we lived closer I would love to share notes on Mommy school. playing school is my most favorite thing to do. I dream of the day when I can transform one of our bedrooms in to a full blown study/play/learn/discovery room. i too love it as well. love your pictures, so creative so YOU! great post glad to see an update.
Carrie ! I have said it once and I will say it again ... I love your life. I actually feel like I crave it. I read your blog and want to be there. You also inspire me to be a better mom. I want to let my kids where cleats to school ... I am too uptight! I need to loosen up!!!
hi there! i saw your comment about how we have the same name :) so fun! i've never met another carrie beth either!
i love your blog, it's so bright and happy! i'll be adding it to my list of favorite ones to keep up with!
Busy life, lady! I suppose that's what makes it great, though:) Jiles looks so much older with his haircut!
Post a Comment