Monday, August 15, 2011

Zoe's Blessing Day



Last Sunday, August 7, Weston blessed Zoe at church.  

During the last few months that I was pregnant with Zoe, I kept thinking of the moment when Weston would be holding her in her little white gown and say, "Zoe Charlotte" when blessing her.  I thought about it so many times.  I guess I was trying her name out.  We were pretty positive on the first name since the day that we told the kids that we were having a girl and Kate rejoicingly threw her arms up and shouted, "Zoe!"  I love the name Charlotte and that it sounds southern.  Since I'm from the south and miss it so much I was pushing for that, as a little piece of my growing up years. 

So when it finally came to fruition, and he said her name holding her in her little white gown, it was like I  had been there before, in a way.   At least the part where he said her name.  It was a beautiful blessing.

Both Weston's parents and my parents were there, along with 2 of my sisters and their children - Holly with her 5 and Wendy with her 7.  Neither of their husbands could come, though.  There were 25 of us.  After church everyone came over to our house.
Everyone except for my sis, Wendy, who was taking the picture and her 2 littlest who were right next to her.
Lucky Zoe with both of her grandfathers, Grandpa and Grandad.
It is awesome that we have both sets of grandparents so close to us.  I never knew either one of my grandfathers and both of my grandmothers lived in the west (we were in the east) and they both died when I was in high school.  How blessed we are.  



Holly is a saint and told me not to worry about the food at all.  She brought everything up and took over!   So awesome!  She is a most excellent cook, too, by the way.
2 of my sisters, Wendy and Holly, and my 2 moms, fixing the grub.

2 handsome men
How does that always end up on  her eyes?  She was asleep though, so she didn't care.


Wendy's oldest, Natalie (14) and Holly's 2nd oldest, Sadie (13)
Come on in.  The door is always open.  No really, it is.   We need a spring-loaded door that will shut on its own.


Wendy, with her 7, were already up from Utah for the week - nice timing.
Cousin Livy holding Zoe.
Holly
I love this picture.  My 2 favorite men!
Holly's oldest, Whitney (17), is the oldest grandchild on my side.
The two 2-year-olds, Jiles and Wendy's Ellie.  They are 19 days apart.
Sweet Zoe

Wendy's angel boy, Ammon (5), loved the sprinkler.
Wendy's Landon (9) and Brian (13) talk lacrosse with Weston's dad.
Told you Ammon loved the sprinkler.  So cute.
Sister apple throwing contest challenged by Weston (who else). 
3 of the 4 sisters.  We missed you, Julie girl!
Brian, Zac, Ezra, Landon, Kate and Spencer wanted to try their hand at separating Cookie from her 4 calves.

Ellie likes to talk to her shadow.
Wendy's Zac (11) and Ezra - the inseparable pair.
It was a good day and a good reason to get together:
all for this little lady:


Weston's mom made this blessing gown for him when he was a baby.  Spencer and Kate also wore it for their blessings.  I love that.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

this post was pure sweetness. thanks for letting me be apart of your special day too. love her name. so precious that you had envisioned it over and over again like that. you picked a good one.

Anonymous said...

Carrie you have such a beautiful family. Beautiful baby girl. We are expecting our baby boy on Thursday-YEAH- I am so excited to hold him.

Jesse B back in the south ;). It's hot over here.

Sijbrich said...

Sounds like it was a well-deserved perfect day (with no cooking for you! Double perfect. At least I would think so).

The Tomlinsons said...

I loved the pictures. Your baby is so cute! I can not believe how much you look like your sisters. So very cute!!!

Johnson Family said...

She is so cute. and I Love her name.

Erika Allred said...

Zoe is so precious, but so is the rest of your family. I love all the photos! You're amazing and look amazing!

The Mrs. said...

I loved seeing your day through your pictures! How fun and special and awesome....wish we could have been there!

Send Holly this way in a couple months when Jacob is blessed. Seriously.

Jamee
xoxo

The Mothership said...

It was a very special day, and I loved how life just slowed down for a few hours so we could all savor the time together, marking this day as one to remember for a long time...
Love to you all,
Mo/Grammie

Megan and Keli'i said...

I love Zoe and her cute little gown that Weston wore as well! How cool is that? And I love how well you document your life events. I feel like I'm not missing out too much on your life, even though we are thousands of miles away.