Saturday, June 4, 2011

where we're at

are you sick of baby updates yet?
well, whether or not you are here's the latest.
my appointment with the maternal-fetal medicine doctor last wednesday determined (from ultrasound #8) that my amniotic fluid is now 11.96 cm (up from 7 cm).
 wahoo.
the blood flow is the same
(still not very good).
mrrrr.
i'm measuring 3 weeks behind.
my next appointment is on wednesday, the 8th, and if baby girl has not shown signs of growth then we will schedule to be induced maybe 2 days later.
if that be the case, that she is not growing well inside the womb, it would be better for her to grow on the outside of me than to have her have complications with oxygen and growth by keeping her in. 
i would be 37 weeks along, which is considered full term.

did you get all of that?!
=
i could have this baby in 6 days!
but, i could not. 
i guess it could still be 4-5 weeks.
who knows?
not me.
either way, as long as she is healthy.
yes?
of course.

so that's where we're at with that.

in the meantime, i dream of a thousand home projects, inside and out, that i want to do, but am trying to refrain  (for the most part) at this point.
i do hope to have the girls' room finished a.s.a.p., though.

here is a sneak peak:

that's all you're getting for now.

i like saying (and typing) girlS' room.
with the apostrophe after the S, making it the room of more than one girl.
2 girls.
how fun.

my mom came over a few weeks ago and we knocked out the painting (with "low v.o.c." (volatile organic compounds - the stuff that makes it stink and bad to breathe) paint - they didn't have any "no v.o.c." paint)- walls, bed, crib.
weston needs to put the crib back together (he needs to be creative in doing so since all of the hardware is m.i.a.)  and i need to finish (or start) the things that i want to decorate with.
and hang 'em up.

so stay tuned for a hopefully finished room hopefully soon.

and that's where we're at with that. 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Thank you for the update! I can't believe you could have a baby next week!! That is oh so exciting!! I can't wait to see the lil' babe and to hear her name! And I'm love that you will have two girls to fill your girls' room! I secretly hope this baby's a girl...fun to have two, yes? Good luck in the next week, Car, getting it all done and getting ready to have a wee babe. Good thing about getting induced is that for sure, you'll get your epidural!

The Mrs. said...

I just really really really want everyone to be safe and healthy. I will be calling you on the 8th to find out what the heck is going to happen...

How fun about the girls' room. I get excited about stuff like that!

Jamee
xoxo

Staci said...

Nope not sick of the baby updates. I look frequently so keep posting them. I'm glad for the moment things are all good. I agree with Jamie, everyone to be healthy and safe. Can't wait to see the girls room.

The Tomlinsons said...

Keep the updates coming, we are praying for you!!!

Sijbrich said...

I don't think anyone could get sick of the updates. Keep em coming. Especially if they decide to induce you this week!

Keri said...

Im so relieved to hear that baby is making some sort of small progress. a little is better then none for sure. And carrie dear youre baby updates never get old, we're all your good friends that carry you and your baby in our prayers daily so either way you look at it we've already commited our thoguhts and prayers to you so updates are a way for us to all see the blessings that come from a well rounded group of wide spread prayers. love ya girl. she'll come when its her time and she'll blow everybody away with her amazing strength. good luck ill be checking in.

Unknown said...

Hey CBS, we all fasted for you again today. Love you! Julie