Monday, May 2, 2011

You Ain't Lyin', Dandelion.

yesterday.
Sabbath afternoon.  
warm and loverly. 
sat in the dirt.
had dandelions dumped in my lap.
made dandelion crowns...
a must-do when living in the country, or anywhere they grow for that matter.
Don't they grow everywhere?
I have had like a hundred of these in jars and mugs and vases in my house the last few days.  On my counter, on my table, armoire, hutch, art thingy, entry way stand thing, computer shelf, window sills, etc.
The kids are so sweet to bring them to me.
I love how Ezra will say, "Mo-o-om.  I have something for you," in kind of a sing-song voice and then pull a dandelion from behind his back.  
These little yellow beauties are one of the only flowers that is growing right now.
We are like 2 weeks behind the rest of the northern hemisphere in becoming Spring-y.
Have you ever made one?
A dandelion crown?
They're easy.
But also
very 
fra
gi
l
e
.
(they break easy.)
And then fit it, tie it, and stick it on a stinking cute head (Kate's term).
(How's that for a tutorial?)
Stick it on one like her wind-blown hippie head.  Or it could be a his head. 
Like Ezra's.
Ezra rocks the dandelion crown.  
He totally masculinizes it, don't you think?
(Well, maybe not in the first picture below.)
Wouldn't it be fun if Ezra was triplets?
...you know, if there were 3 of him?
We would all be laughing all the time.

Spencer also man-lies the dandies.
His didn't last on his head for very long.
Just long enough to push Kate in the swing really quickly.

Mmmm, swings...

Yeah, that's it.
Peace out.


Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Keri said...

youre s cute carrie I love you and your personality. it brightens my day when reading you blog so raw so beautiful thanks for this cute little post. I was thinking thwe same thing the other day. I swear dandilions are the universal love flower for children. I myself also have about 3 glasses full of them sitting in the middle of my table. Its really cool also making dandilion ice cubes. they stay fresh and bright yellow. i freeze them in my giant vases and the kids love watching the flower cube melt throughout the day.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Aw, Carrie, beautiful kids, beautiful crowns, beautiful photos and mostly, gorgeous life.

Yes, I have made a few dandelion crowns in my day. ANd yes, I think they grow everywhere :). Even here.

Walker Family said...

Carrie Carrie Carrie...I love reading your blog! Plus thanks to you and your great blogging skills we want to move to Ola now- it seems the only way to raise a family (well Cory seems to like the fact that he wouldn't have to see another human being all day!) So beware...someday we just might be "neighbors" (aka several miles down the road!)

The Tomlinsons said...

Glad you included the "tutorial!" I had no idea how to make those:)

The Mothership said...

Sweet Carrie...Dandelions take me back to YOUR childhood....and many yellow sunshine bouquets that YOU brought to me! A lovely memory, and sweet to be reminded of it!
Love you, Yer Mom