Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Croupster

Jiles has croup.
I hate croup.

It is nasty and just plain scary, especially in the middle of the night, like last night. I had Jiles sleep about 10 inches away from my face so that I could hear him breathing.  He woke up about midnight scared because it was so bad.  We bundled him up and Weston took him outside on the front porch in the cool air.  Then I took him in the steamy shower for a few minutes.  He was able to sleep through the rest of the night with just a few coughs here and there.

Since he had RSV when he was 9 months old he is more likely to getting croup.
Dang it.

Today he has still been pretty yucky.  It was such a nice day, so we were outside quite a bit this afternoon.  I wish that I had just kept him in now because I think that he is a little worse.  I gave him a ginger bath about an hour ago and some medicine and rubbed Linda's salve on his chest and feet.

I just am not looking forward to tonight.  The nights are always the worst.

Here is the work of Jiles and Ezra when Jiles is feeling well (this is from yesterday)...
What's up, the insides of my drawers?
Now you know what I keep in my drawers and how I load my dishwasher.

  Not sure what is on his face.
Probably the same thing that is on his hands.
Chocolate.  That's what it is, chocolate.

Hopefully he'll be up to his destructive curious self again soon.

Croup, croup go away!
Don't come back another day!


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Mothership said...

So sorry that Jiles is having bouts of croup. It does bring anxious moments, especially in the night.
Hopefully he will grow out of it soon.
Love you, Mom