Anyway, so yesterday we went in for a non-stress test. Weston came with me. They put two monitors on my belly and through those they monitored the heartbeat, her movements and any contractions I had. They were looking to make sure the baby's heart rate increases with movements and contractions instead of dropping. That was basically it. Little babe had the hiccups for a little bit. That was cute. She was sleepy and not moving around much, so it was hard for them to get a good reading. They wanted her to wake up and move around. It was completely opposite from the ultrasound the day before when they wanted her to chill and hold still and she was moving a ton. What they did record they said looked good.
While I was getting the non-stress test, the midwife and Weston and I talked more about the ultrasound from the day before. Basically my amniotic fluid measured 7 cm which is low normal. 5-25 centimeters is normal. The cord is not delivering all of the nutrients the baby needs, obviously, which is why she is small. I read on the internet last night that one of the purposes of the amniotic fluid is to support the umbilical cord from being compressed. I wonder if me having not so much fluid is causing the low blood flow in the cord. I am going to ask that the next time that I go in.
The midwife said that the baby is in a "less than optimal" environment right now, so we will need to keep monitoring maybe twice a week, and if things start looking better for baby outside rather than inside where she is now they may need to intervene. Talking about all of that made my nerves go wacko and I started shaking and getting all jittery as I was getting the test done. I was afraid that it would effect the results, but I don't think that it did - pretty sure that it didn't. It just made me have crazy convulsion-like shakes and everything in my stomach turn to acid.
The midwife told me that I needed to rest more, lay on my left side, and drink a lot. I've been trying to, but man do I feel like a lazy bum. But I also feel that I really need the rest and can totally feel the difference after laying down even for a little bit. And how ironic is it that the weather is just turning nice and I have a million things that I want to/need to do and was just getting going on? Yeah, pretty ironic indeed. BUT, of course, what is more important, a healthy baby or getting things done? Yeah, no doubt on the answer there. That makes it easy.
I will go back in on Monday for another non-stress test and another ultrasound. That will be my 5th ultrasound this pregnancy. I have only had 6 appointments - 2 with the other midwife place, 1 "OB shopper" visit, 1 normal checkup, and then my appointments last Thursday and Friday. It sounds like I will make up for it now, though, going in twice a week.
*
So here are some of the things that I observed today as I chilled on my backside resting and drinking water.
First from the front porch:
![]() |
| Hanging basket on the front porch - an orange can-can |
![]() |
| Feet up on the porch swing. |
![]() |
| I gave Jiles a bag of gold fish and a push, and went and sat back on the porch swing. That didn't last very long. |
![]() |
| Weston cutting the posts. |
![]() |
| Grandma feeding the horses in the front pasture. |
![]() |
| I need to finish painting the trim on the hen house. |
![]() |
| The flowers that sit on the front porch are waiting for a pot. |
![]() |
| The creek is still raging, but lower. |
![]() |
| Kick up the feet. |
![]() |
| Biker ride by. This boy is obsessed with his bike. |
![]() |
| Spencer watches Grandpa plow the garden spot. |
![]() |
| Spencer drools as he watches Weston rototill a flower bed. Spencer mowed the lawn yesterday. We (ston) need (s) to weed eat. |
![]() |
| Monkey girl. I wonder where she got that from. |
![]() |
| Jiles escapes through the grass. |
Am I still awake? Barely. It's a new day (after midnight). I'd better go and hit the hay.
Good night
















6 comments:
i have been lagging in reading blogposts!!! you look lovely and simply gorgeous!!
and your photos make your everyday life look surreal and wonderful!!! absolutely breathtaking. every.single.one.
We are fasting for you today. I really hope that you get some comfort through this so that your nerves don't go wack-o.
Olivia prayed for her little baby girl cousin a couple times today. So sweet.
Jamee
xoxo
Im so glad you posted an update ive been worried about you. Glad to see you kicking you feet up as much as you can. boy i remember those days. raising 4 little kids sure makes it impossible to lay low all the time, but every effort counts and you'll be amazed at her progress as you rest.
I have been pondering back to you past post in this pregnancy and I am reminded of the beauty that lies in this trial. You truely were being prepared in ways you can only understand at a later date. This is why I LOVE trials so much. theres so many miracles intertwined in our trials as we endure. I remember you due date being off and all wacky, I remember you desire to recieve a deeper medical attention this g around. I remember you saying you didnt want a home birth or someyhing like that am I right? for some reason i jsut remember you feeling like you wanted a more indepth experience this time around. now here you are prepared and ready for this little princess to come into your arms. I remember my due date being all wacky and off and then down the road when baby needed more nutrients is when we discovered the placenta issue as well. but just as Ryan has beating all the odds I pray your little girl will do the same. their special choice souls that peirce our testimonies and spiritual growth far beyond their arrival here on earth. its beautiful and truely a wonderful journey to watch you endure. There are always tiny little hidden miracles deep within our trials as we endure. Its just a journey that will soon be over and will make you stronger in the end. love ya lots. good luck ill keep you in my constant prayer.
I'm glad things seem to be going good. We will keep praying for you and the baby girl.
I want your flowers if you don't end up potting them. Just kidding. you just happen to have two of my favorites that I like plant every year (except that I shouldn't plant them every year they should grow back...mmmm). I wish I could be there to help you plant them.
Love you guys
hey trooper, DON'T paint the chicken coop, or plant your flowers, or anything else....you are NOT lazy, just busy growing a baby! that is the MOST important thing, other things can wait or be done by someone else. If I were there, I would do it for you!
We too, fasted today, and will keep praying for you.
hang in there, you are awesome!
You look stunning by the way - what a pretty pregnant woman you are! Your hair is getting so long - i love it!
Post a Comment