We had more cousins and uncles and aunts come, let's see, almost 2 weeks ago now. This time from Weston's side. 4 of Weston's 5 brothers and their families. They came for the round up.
There was:
Ammon and Leslie and their babe, Jaxon (11 months) came from Utah;
Tyson came all the way from Arizona;
Jamon and Staci and little Liam (91/2 months) also came from Utah;
and Daron and Jamee, with her 25-ish week pregnant self, and their children, Olivia (7), Carter (6), and Brigham (3) came from Nevada.
Oh yes, and Kyle (11)! He is the oldest son of Weston's oldest brother. He came up with Daron and Jamee since they live in the same town. That was a treat having him her with us even though the rest of his family couldn't come.
They set a record "working" (branding, castrating, ear marking, vaccinating) 170 some calves in 5 hours. They all grew up doing it and they have a system. I think that they think that it is fun to do. It's a smelly, loud place down at the barn when they're working cattle and I would rather not be there. Sometimes I'll go down to take pictures, but I didn't even want to do that this time. Sorry, calf-workers; I didn't document.
I did get some pix, however.
Mostly of this little crew:
![]() |
| I don't know where Spencer was. I guess he was either already up there or still asleep. It is only Kate and Ezra in the picture. |
They met the cousins on the lawn and ran around like crazy maniacs in their barefeet. The cousins were still in their jammies.
![]() |
| Oh look, Jiles was still in his jammies, too. |
Yeah, they had a great time together. Probably the highlight of their play, for THEM, was the finding and catching of the 2 baby mice, which they named Buddy and Jully (pronounced Julie). They made a habitat up on G & G's dirt hill. G & G LOVED that! (heh heh)
Daron, Jamee, and kids and Ammon, Leslie and Jaxon left after church on Sunday to head back home.
When we came home from church we noticed the creek was super high, like higher than we have ever seen it, so we went on a 4-wheeler ride to check it out.
Here's a comparison picture:
September vs. April, same place, same tree branch.
A little stream in the fall, a raging river by spring.
No one wanted to ride with the prego on my little, jumpy, change-gears-with-your-toe 4-wheeler, so they all piled on with Daddy for the sight seeing. Fine with me.
We ran into G & G, Tyson, and the Jamon and Staci family who were also out to witness all the floodiness.
Oh my, isn't he a cutie.
(I wish that I had gotten a picture of little Jaxon, too, dang it!)
Just wanna squeeze that chubbiness!
















2 comments:
Tons of fun!!! Cousins are so much fun. You are so much fun, too, Carrie! I love reading about your adventures through your point of view:)
What a great time you all had, I am sorry we missed it! Kyle loved it though, so thanks for letting him hang with y'all!
Post a Comment