We've been lucky this week.
We have seen 13 cousins so far and tomorrow we'll see 5 more!
(We're missing the other 12 that aren't with us, but we'll take what we can get.)
My sister, Wendy, and her husband and 7 kids came up from Utah last Saturday to spend a few days with us, which was awesome and always too short. (And, Wendy, I wish that I could've talked to you more!)
The concrete for our sidewalks and garage were supposed to come on Thursday, but they were late and were there when we had 11 kids running around. Awesome.
I get nervous with kids and machinery.
The kids were fascinated by the process of concreting, and were hanging out of windows to get the best possible view. Literally.
I revved up a 4-wheeler and the kids jumped from the window for a ride. Wendy got on our other one with some more chillins and we went for a little {breezy} ride.
![]() |
| Spencer and Landon. |
![]() |
| Wendy with Ammon, Ellie, Kate, and Ezra, who is hiding. |
![]() |
| Me with Landon, Sam, Spencer, and Jiles. |
![]() |
| You get sort of muddy if you sit in the back. The wheels spit. |
![]() |
| Wendy and her "twins", Ammon and Ellie, who both wanted the run of the 4-wheeler. |
We got back and they had finished pouring the garage and the back and front sidewalks. (I don't have a picture of the front, but it looks great. We FINALLY have sidewalks! Now a fence and landscaping to go.)
It was hilarious trying to keep kids from getting near the wet cement.
We only had 3 times that the concrete guys had to smooth it over again.
The worst was when little 2-year-old Ellie (she's 19 days older than Jiles) stepped in and then fell forward in the wet concrete.
She was covered.
Poor thing.
(I wish that I had gotten a picture of it.)
Everyone else was content to catching chickens for a while.
![]() |
| Cornering. |
![]() |
| Ezra, Landon, Zach, Jiles, and Kate petting the totally scared hen. |
On Sunday afternoon one of my other sisters, Holly, who lives about 1 1/2 hours away, and her husband and their 5 kids, and my mom and dad came to join us to celebrate a few birthdays and my parents' 42nd wedding anniversary.
![]() |
| The dinner triangle had just been rung. Chocolate chip pancakes, here they come. Mmm mmm. |
![]() |
| Half of the children of 2 of my sisters and I. There are 17 (almost 18) kids ages 23.5 months old to 16 years old. |
![]() |
| Andy, Holly, Neal, Mom, Dad, Wendy. |
| Mom, Dad, Natalie, Sadie, Brendan, Ellie, Wendy, Kate. |
| Ezra and Zach are BUDS! |
| Whitney (the oldest grandchild at 16) and her baby sister, Olivia. |
| The just-turned-2 Ellie and the almost-2 Jiles. |
| Weston and Brian (12) |
My family is gone now, but Weston's family are all just arriving for the round-up this weekend. 4 of his 5 brothers and their families (plus a son from the brother that can't come) are here or are coming tomorrow.
We love when people we love come visit us
ALL THE WAY OUT HERE!

















5 comments:
I can't believe you didn't make hand or foot prints in the wet cement for memory's sake! Although I guess that would have been a little overwhelming if all the cousins were making prints, too.
Family visits are fun.
Weston and I did do our hand prints in the garage cement with a heart and a W + C. The kids were too busy playing or asleep when it was the right time for the cement. We did their hand prints when we built the house.
Oh my goodness, how much fun is that? The four wheeling? The pouring of concrete and sidewalks? Time with cousins and your sisters and parents? 42 years! Amazing. I just love your life, Carrie. Love it.
thanks for stopping by my blog! ;-) to answer your question, I got my wallpaper at Sherwin Williams...
... now I have to get back to browsing your blog, you take fantastic pictures and your ranch looks amazing!
Fun times! I wish we could have come up last weekend! We totally missed out...but we'll see you in a few months - with your new baby by then too!
Post a Comment