Sheesh! Okay, I have found that the longer I go without posting/blogging the harder it is to get back into it. And contrarily, the more I post the more I want to post. Anyone else found that to be the case?
So yeah, I wanted to do a little "what's up with us" posty. Here 'tis.
S p e n c e r
::Had his first pine wood derby ever. He tied for 3rd out of 11 boys.
::Earned his Bobcat and 100 years of Scouting badge.
::Found out that his finger broke 3 weeks ago(we didn't think that it was broken - just swollen) when he had a little run-in with the hand mixer while making brownies. It has now calcified and healed wrong. He can't ball his hand (dominate hand) into a fist. He gets to go to an orthopedic surgeon now to see if they can fix it. Break it again? Yippy.
::Had a major asthma attack that lasted a couple of days. We all lost sleep over it. Back to the doctor again (same doc.). His blood oxygen level was 88. Low. He's still getting over it.
::Had a major asthma attack that lasted a couple of days. We all lost sleep over it. Back to the doctor again (same doc.). His blood oxygen level was 88. Low. He's still getting over it.
::Is into his after-school robotics program; loves cub scouts; and doesn't fight me to practice piano anymore, he goes and does it the first time I remind him.
::Oh yeah, and he's been obsessed with push-ups lately, and flexing in the mirror, and having me feel his muscles. He actually has really good push-up form. And he declared that he wasn't going to eat sugar anymore. He's had some here and there, but really has been trying hard, like putting applesauce and cinnamon on his pancakes and waffles instead of syrup. Check out his push-up goal sheet (his goal was 200 - he did it 2 days):
K a t e
::Is all of a sudden saying the R's at the end of words. I mentioned this to her and she didn't know what I was talking about. She still hasn't totally gotten the R's in the middle of words or the L's.
::Is quite the story writer. Her most recent story has to do with a fox that teases a dog that it has leprosy. She has quite the mind. She's a champ memorizer and loves to say whatever she's memorizing super fast. She writes the talk for family home evening pretty much every week, whether it is for her or someone else.
::Likes to read anything and everything, including the dictionary. She asks me all the time what words mean that she comes across and doesn't know. She opened up the Bible the other day and started reading out loud starting in Genesis 1:1. It is adorable to hear her squeaky little voice reading scripture.
::Was inspired by Spencer's goal making and decided to do some of her own: Katelyn's goal of not drinking soda (which she never does anyway - she pretty much doesn't want anything except water); and Katelyn's goal of believing in things (note the last thing on that list is fences - I suppose it is important to believe in fences).
He even has a trainee:
::Is obsessed with Godzilla since playing it on an Xbox at a friend's house. He tells me ALL about it at night after the other kids are asleep (and he is supposed to be) as he bounces from one end of his bed to the other.
::Can NOT sit still for anything. That's nothing new though. He has so much energy that sometimes I think that he is going to burst. He literally bounces from place to place, sprints up and down and up and down the hallway (or anywhere), climbs over the couch instead of walking around it, etc. He is very reverent in primary, though.
::Always tells stories so excited about what he is telling you and stutters on the ends of words (and he has horrible grammar). It sounds something like this: "The udder day, ay, ay, we was pwaying Godziwwa at Timmy's house, ouse, and I was the red guy, i, i, and I ran, an, and got dat guy!" I can never not smile when listening to him.
::He is beginning reading. He begs to "do schoolwork". He loves to do worksheets and then can spend forever coloring them in with colored pencils. His fine motor skills are the bomb. They have been since he was Jiles's age.
::Can NOT sit still for anything. That's nothing new though. He has so much energy that sometimes I think that he is going to burst. He literally bounces from place to place, sprints up and down and up and down the hallway (or anywhere), climbs over the couch instead of walking around it, etc. He is very reverent in primary, though.
::Always tells stories so excited about what he is telling you and stutters on the ends of words (and he has horrible grammar). It sounds something like this: "The udder day, ay, ay, we was pwaying Godziwwa at Timmy's house, ouse, and I was the red guy, i, i, and I ran, an, and got dat guy!" I can never not smile when listening to him.
::He is beginning reading. He begs to "do schoolwork". He loves to do worksheets and then can spend forever coloring them in with colored pencils. His fine motor skills are the bomb. They have been since he was Jiles's age.
J i l e s
::Has started doing this cute smile when I take pictures of him. He crinkles up his nose. So cute!
::Jabbers ALL day long as he is in his own little world of play. He has soooo many sounds, but hardly ever does it sound like a word.
::Walks around the house when trying to find me saying, "Mom? MOM! MO-o-o-oM! Mom?" It sounds like he might as well be 8 years old. It cracks me up.
::Goes and gets a diaper out of the diaper drawer when you ask him to, even when we are downstairs (he has to go upstairs to get it). He brings the diaper to you with pride in his independence.
::Can eat like none other, but drinks water even more than eats. He does the "more" sign in sign language to ask for water. He has a major appetite. Whenever we set the table he is the first one to be sitting down and folding his arms for prayer.
::Is a TOTAL cuddler. He loves to hug me and either pat or rub my back. He is such a sweetie! I love to cuddle and take naps with him (which only happens on Sundays, sometimes).
W e s t o n
![]() |
| Weston leading our family home evening activity. |
::Plays church basketball once a week. He scores a bunch and gets a ton of rebounds, too. Even though he isn't the tallest on the team he can jump just as high or higher than all the beefy 6'3"+ or so guys. The boy has jumps!
::Goes to a ping-pong club once a week. It works out great for me because when he goes into town to play some hard core pong at the club he does the grocery shopping as well (not a favorite of mine to do). He's always watching youtube ping-pong videos. He wants to name our child Timo, if it is a boy, after some really good foreign ping-pong player. I no think so!
![]() |
| Car-light early-morning calving. |
::Is beginning calving season. Oh, the good times to come.
M o i
![]() |
| My mom took this picture because she thought it was funny that I was reading The Friend without children by me. I was reading about ideas of how to teach the new song in primary. |
::Is (Am?) up to the stuff I wrote about everyone else.
::20 weeks along today. Half way! Wahoo!
::Find out in 4 days if we are having a boy or a girl. On Wednesday. We are all excited!
The End













11 comments:
Ping pong club? Seriously? We need the deets on that. Maybe Paul would go, then Weston could play with him. But the invitation is still open for you guys to come here whenever you want. Just name the date. Maybe if Weston saw how good Paul was, he'd be suggesting the name Paul for a baby boy instead of Timo or whatever the name was. I could be all talk, though. Maybe Weston's getting better than Paul. Only one way to find out.
P.S. I could write a novel in response to this post. I'll just stick to the ol' cliche that your kids are adorable. Really. I love Superman.
Cute post. good to see you busy with the fam. Love how you described Ezra....I can relate totally to his energy level Ive got 3 of those bouncy happy boys, and its sure wears this momma out.
About ezras stuttering I know Spencer has asthma i didnt know if Ezra did too. A good friend of mine said the epuderal or whatever its called in the breatinhg machine medcicine gave her son really bad stutters she researched it and found that out ot be true and once he changed meds he stopped stuttering. strange huh. by the way your look stunning in your friend reading picture. supercute mom you are. cant wait to hear what the gender is of #5
Ezra and Jiles sound just like my Philip and Christopher. Philip is non-stop energy and Christopher is nothing but sweetness and cuteness.
i LOVED reading through your post and learning more of your little kiddos! i love that spencer is into push-ups and flexing in the mirror...that made me laugh so hard!! and just fyi...it was crazy to see his 88 ox sats....logan's normal sats are around 83...that is when he isn't running around! and that picutre of your little kate flying in the air is AMAZING!!! also, i am gonna have to tell my hubby about this ping pong club and good ole timo. his friend has a table and they have started getting together. i mean, if it gets the groceries done isn't it worth it! :0)
I LOVE this post! I love hearing about what your fam is up to. You guys are awesome and are always having way too much fun.
Can't believe you're already 20 weeks! You and Erika are like two weeks apart already! My guess is it's a girl.
Hey I loved your update! Poor Spencer with his finger and asthma! I like his push up goals and Kates believing goals! so cute! ezra's pictures of his super man self are sooo great! And I like Jiles crinkly nose smile.
Wes, I am sure Cameron wishes he could go to the ping pong club with you too, with his 80 dollar paddle and foam cleaner (I don't get it, it seems so...serious!)
Carrie - you do look smashing - and I was just wondering TODAY when you get to find out what you are having...I am so excited! Please call me to share the news!
I was totally going to call you the other day to see if you knew what you were having yet!!
I love posts like this! Wish we lived closer so we could witness it all first hand!!
Jamee
xoxo
I agree with Jamee we all need to live closer. Good update though. I liked it. I expect to see some muscle on spencer the next time I see him.
it would be awesome to live closer to one another!!!!
CRAZY! We find out what we're having on Wednesday too! I think I'm definitely bigger than you, hahaha:)
Poor guy with the asthma, Caroline has it too!
You have wonderful kids. They are so funny.
Post a Comment