![]() |
| A window from the old ranch house painted all lovey. It looks as if Jiles's heart is faded/erased. I didn't notice that before now. The heart bottom center has a U, for unborn - I love that one, too. |
I couldn't sleep on Tuesday night. Well, barely anyway. I was so anxious. I couldn't wait to find out this baby's gender. I even had a dream that I went to my appointment and upon leaving the building I said to myself, "I didn't get the ultrasound!" Later in my dream I was in a baby clothes shop with my sister, Julie, and I said to her, "I just wish I knew what this baby was!" And then she said, "I know what it is! It's a girl!" I jumped up and down, up and down with glee!
That was my dream.
![]() |
| Cover's off the cake platter. Chocolatey tempations. |
I picked S&K up from school a few minutes early to head to town for my appointment. They wanted to be there. I wanted them there. The same went for Weston, but he had to be at a bull sale. He wanted me to change the appt,. and I would have, but I had already changed it once, plus I didn't want to wait any longer.
On the way down the kids discussed whether it would be a boy or a girl and the advantages of both. I was so happy I felt like my heart would burst and I couldn't stop smiling. I don't think that I was ever so excited to find out the gender of one of our babies. Will Kate finally have a sister and a long time roommate? Or should we buy 2 sets of bunk beds? Plus a ton of other thoughts.
My mom met us down there (thanks Mom!), to be with us (and to help maintain jumpin' Jiles) since Weston couldn't.
Finally the moment arose and we all waited for the midwife to announce the words.
![]() |
| "I'll skip the chocolate and just eat the cinnamon hearts, thank you." |
![]() |
| "May I some chocolate, pleeease? I'm awfully cute." |
"Well this baby just isn't going to let us see today. He or she is sitting on the feet,"
announced she.
![]() |
| "Just a little bit of frosting will be great, thanks." |
FOR REAL??
I wanted to cry. I had gotten myself so excited, and anxious, really.
"Maybe if I got up and ran around or something..." I suggested.
"You can run around all you want, but I won't be here when you get back. I need to leave," she said. "You'll just have to wait until your next appointment in 4 weeks."
Hmm.
Now I really wanted to cry. I felt like she was being inconsiderate of my feelings. I wasn't fond of her at that moment.
![]() |
| "Umm, yep, I like chocolate." |
So there you have it. We'll have to wait a little longer. It's okay, I can do it.
I can do it.
I am a patient person.
It's not like I don't have anything else to do while I wait.
![]() |
| Mom A., aren't you glad that I took your pretty heart tablecloth off before unleashing the toddler into chocolate cupcake mayhem? |
Like clean up chocolate or anything like that.









10 comments:
Argh! I remember with Aubrey's ultrasound the Dr. said he was 51% sure it was a girl. I'm still coming up and I'm still bringing baby girl clothes this weekend. I can't wait to see your nothin' of a tummy.
That sucks Carrie!!!! I hope for Kate's sake it's a girl :)
I can't get over how cute and crafty and an amazing mommy you are!!! I love looking at your blog for inspiration and motivation. I need to be a better mom and I should document my kids life too, I need to learn to take cute photos like you too...You're just amazing!
AHHH! I was SO anticipating the news too that it was all I could do to not read ahead on this post! (but I didn't)
My theory is that girls are more "modest" than boys, so it's probably a girl trying to keep her legs crossed. Really though, ALL my boys were ultrasounds were obvious - legs apart, very easy to tell, and Emma was the ONLY one that at the first part of the ultrasound the Dr. said "Oh it's legs are crossed right over, I can't tell". Then she said she would check the other organs and spinal cord, etc. and come back to the gender. She even wiggled and pressed the ultrasound scope thing on my belly to try to get the baby to move over a little. When she came back she said "Oh I think we're going to get a peek now" I was so relieved and hopeful. Then she said "I can't believe it...you actually got a girl!" (she knew we already had 4 boys!)
Anyway, I am going to guess GIRL after that display of modesty, but I could be wrong....we'll see!
By the way - NICE PHOTOS! They all look so clear and beautiful, you are putting your new camera to good use!
How annoying that you couldn't find out! I'm made at the lady for you.
But how amazingly put together this post is! I loved all of the chocolate, and the colors, and the intertwining story. Well done, Carrie. You are awesome.
And I love that: I am a patient person...like if you say it enough it'll come true. You're a heck of a lot more patient than me! Love you, friend.
I was so excited and read through as fast as I could!
What is the day of your appointment?
We hopefully find out on March 17...anywhere near you?
I'm anxious for you, 4 weeks in prego time is forever! I know this and am going through this right NOW!
I have no intuition if you are having a boy or girl.
Hmmm....
Jamee
xoxo
I, like Natalie, wanted to read ahead and just know what you were having. Bummer for modesty...I promise that is not my motto for modesty.
I have no intuition, but I'm voting for a girl, too. Belén did the same thing and we had to go back several weeks later. I didn't mind though. I was so mesmorized by watching the ultrasound and just seeing her (it, at the time) that I was kind of excited that I got to go back again. And just think, maybe Weston can be at your next appointment and be there for the news, too!
Speaking of patience, I don't know how people can intentionally wait until their baby is born to find out it's gender. That's just crazy. At least you don't have to do that (hopefully).
That.is.TORTURE! I hope the next 4 weekd fly by for you. I am loving your pictures, great job!
okay carebear...you had me on the edge of my seat the whole time...i was sooooo excited and thought, i am not gonna skip to the bottom and find out the gender, i wanted to read your story...so i was going down and down, waiting for it...and i didn't even notice the picture of jiles all cute and chocolated up until i read the comment "it's not like i don't have anything else to do" then i scrolled back up to see his pic!! oh man, i am so sorry that is seriously the worst!! i guess i will just have to stay on the edge of my seat for four more weeks!! love you girl!
Post a Comment