paper doily + watercolor paints + strawberry stem
zoom in:
zoom out:
and out:
and out a little more:
doilies + watercolors + strawberries
= a good old strawberry eating, watercolor painting good time with my girly
The boys bailed shortly into the project to go wrestle with daddy.
Wrestling vs. painting doilies...hmmm?
They are boys.
Kate and I were happy to take over with our rainbow pattern doily painting selves.
We got the idea from her here.
I like her because she loves color and rainbows and kid art like i do.
We used crayon on some of our doilies for a little extra design.
It was fun to watch the watercolors skip over the waxiness left by the crayons.
We sewed them together and hung them up the next day.
At first it was snowing and they were a pretty, colorful thing against the white, cold backdrop.
Then the sun came out and they were beautiful all lit up and stuff.
I wish that I had bought some more. I only bought one ten pack
(they are $2 for 10, found in the wedding aisle at Walmart).
I think that they're purty.
And happy.
And look at how Kate writes her name in cursive:
Fancy shmancy.
Okay and one more thing:
Would you please check out this darling little profile!
Seriously, I've never seen one of my kids' profile in an ultrasound like this.
It almost brought me to tears. So darling!










9 comments:
What an awesome project to do with the kids. Can you please move to Hawaii and be my neighbor? Pretty please?
And seriously, that little girlie profile makes me so happy. What a darling little Andelin addition. I love your family.
Love this idea! Of course, I perused the link for this project and added like 5 more blog subscriptions to my Google Reader (just what I need). :) Congrats on Baby #5! I think you're pretty much amazing.
lovely and so fun!! i may just have to do this!
that is the cutest profile I have ever seen.
Thanks for Brightening my day!
Jamee
xoxo
ahhhhhhh how I wish I had a girl to do these things with. I may say though I have a house full of boys My boys LOVE art right now and I know hey would love a project like this Ill have to just tweek it a bit to make it more on the boy side. like maybe coffe filters nd we could make a bunch of eye balls or maybe I could use this doilie idea but creat a worm to hang in the window. i think this is so creative and what a fun thing to do. youre such a terrific mom you continue to inspire me each day. oh an congrats on having another girl. thats gonna be so wonderful for kate. I still remember when she was a teeny tiny newborn and I came over and took pics of her in that white basket remember that?
What a fun project! I got a bunch of heart doilies on clearance after valentines and thought about making a cute garland for next year - i like the paint idea, maybe we'll add paint to the hearts. I love how you always do fun art with your kids. good mom.
So cute! If you have extra doilies left over you should try this little craft - I did it with a bunch of my book club girls last week & they turned out super cute! http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/11/21/diy-doily-canvas-bag/
Cool, Amber. I just checked out that site and I really like that idea. By the way, are you the same Amber Gardner that I played field hockey and soccer with at good old MHS? If so, cool, how've you been?
Carrie - yep, MHS alum & field hockey player :) things are good - living in Charlottesville working at the hospital at UVA as an audiologist. Love your blog & congrats on your new baby girl that's on the way! So exciting!
Post a Comment