Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Heart Pillow for K




I found this fabric at the thrift store a while ago thinking of Kate.  It is rainbow, has hearts, and is soft.  Kate perfect.  Pillow perfect.  I helped her sew it on the sewing machine, which she loved, and then she stuffed it, which she loved.  Then I showed her how to hand sew the opening closed, which she liked for the first 7 stitches, then passed it to me to finish.




She loves it.



Here's what she has to say about it:

kkkfhhfsfgterdfsagkhiecsazwqcyuip  katelyn     rfgsfffeeeeettffcccccfetfgdggstdhytgrfedwsqaszxdcfvgbhnjmkloiuytccccgggfytgrfedwsqazszxdcfvgbhnjmmkkloplokijuhygrdteswaszdxfcgvhbjnkmlgfdrt dirt found robet gtrfedwsqazxsfvgbbbbhbnbngvfddsdfgdsedrfsfggfgdfg
See, she is so excited that she can hardly even speak.


Here is her pillow in its home on her bed: 


Okay, side note.  See that green and net thing on her cabinet?  That is her butterfly habitat.  I knew she had been putting caterpillars in there for the last little while, but I didn't realize how many were in there (and I thought that were probably all dead - well, one died).  There are 8 in there, 4 of which have made chrysalises already and the other 4 are just about to, too.  You go, Kate, with your caterpillar raising self! 

Back to the pillow in its home...


It looks so snug in there with her other pillows and Suzie Bale the Dalmatian puppy.  
And she made her bed today.  I suppose it is much more fun to make your bed when you have a new rainbow, soft heart pillow to make it with.


{It looks like Suzie Bale and the zebra are talking to each other.  Maybe they're talking about the pillow...}
Ezra, upon seeing this post as I am just finishing it, says, 
"Kin we get a Superman blanket and make it in a pillow? Ken we? Right now?"

"hjkhbsawedrtgbnkiutgbnncmeeeee,nmknkhgggkkkffffnddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd."
-Ezra

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

What a fun thing to do!

Your house is getting so decorated! I noticed in the Christmas post how much you have done to your house...like stuff on the walls and what not!

Can I come visit? Can you take care of me?

Jamee
xoxo

Megan and Keli'i said...

How cute is that pillow?

And how cute is Kate? So dang cute!

And how perfect is that cute room for both the pillow and the beautiful Kate?

Perfect, I say. Just perfect.

Sijbrich said...

I've never thought about it but now I realize how cool soft heart pillows are. Now I am day dreaming about teaching my daughter to sew some day. Thanks for always keeping up with the inspiration.

And I'd like to know about that chalkboard wall that I see in the background of those photos taken in your yellow room.

Looks like you're having fun with your new camera! Please someday can we go on a photohunt together? Er, but maybe after more of the snow has melted.

Krissy said...

Cute Kate pillow! And hooray for your new camera! I hope you are having lots of fun with it...you picked a good one.

liko said...

:-)
i couldn't help but also notice her cute room setup!

and very cute pillow!!