Tuesday, November 2, 2010

halloween-y stuffs

Carvin':







Paintin':


the night:
On Halloween (Eve), we went to The Hall in our teeny town for the cute little spook alley (is saying a spook alley is cute an insult?) and trick-or-treating.  The people down there were excited to have their biggest Halloween turnout ever: 40 kids!

After that we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  The kids rang the doorbell, and guess who answered the door?  None other than Gandalf from Lord of the Rings!  It was like a freaky movie - Spiderman, Luke Skywalker, a jellyfish, and Gandalf all together, face-to-face.

 The dressed-up crew:
Jiles is r2d2 just in case you couldn't tell.  Ezra helped me color it. 
The kids really wanted me to dress up as a Grandmother.  I chose to don an apron, chef hat, whisk, and a floured nose instead.

On Halloween (the actual day), Grandma made a spooky dinner with dead man's meatloaf (quite delicious), monster mashed potatoes, werewolf Waldorf salad, eyeballs in goo (grapes in cool whip), and bubblin' swamp juice.  We all talked about disgusting things as we chopped our grub.  
Photobucket

4 comments:

Natalie in Sparks said...

fun times! Looks like you had a great weekend! That picture of the kids at the door with dad does look like some weird dream! All those characters hanging out together is random and I love it!
good idea with the jellyfish costume. the paintings are cute and I love the spooky flag swag you made. Mom does make a good dead mans meat loaf!

Walker Family said...

So cute! LOVE the jellyfish! Love the festivities! Love your blog. Basically- I just love you!!!! (Is that a little much?)

Staci said...

Looks like fun. I agree with the jellyfish costume, and I love the R2D2 on also, very creative.

Can't wait to see you in less than two weeks. Woo Hoo!

Cameron said...

Was it gandolf the gray or gandolf the white?