Sunday, September 19, 2010

climb up my apple tree.

I mowed the lawn yesterday with Jiles on my lap.  Mid-mow, I decided to do somewhat of a mini labyrinth/maze/swirly pattern.
It was great exercise.

And excellent Saturday late-morning entertainment.
Weston came home from his wood cutting camp out after lunch and we tackled the backyard apple tree.  This is an early tree and most of the apples have already hit the ground. 
The local lions and tigers sent out spies to check the edibility of the apples.
Verdict:  They found them to be a little hole-y and wormy (since we do not spray them - thank goodness), but apparently felines don't mind, since they usually only eat a few bites on each apple before hucking them across the yard anyway.
As the daddio picked, and the lion and the tiger played, the biggest bro was fevering on the couch, the littlest bro was whining (croup style) while pushing on my legs, and I was saucing.  17 quarts down, however many  more to go. 


Photobucket

6 comments:

liko said...

oh, apple trees are lovely. i love everything about them!!

and pretty cool mown maze there.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Cool lawn mowing skills, Carrie! Lawn mowing skills, numchuck skills, apple sauce skills, photog skills. Geez Carrie, you're turning into a regular Napoleon Dynamite. I guess it's all that Idaho air!

Seriously though, dang girl. You've got it goin' on.

The Mrs. said...

I wish I could do that.

The lawn thing. I do have 200lbs of apples to can. No grass to mow.

Sad.

Jamee
xoxo

Tia said...

love the lawn. The applesauce is delicious!

Jamee - you have 200 lbs of apples to can? Wow - if they can last until we come to Nevada in Oct. I'll help you can them.

Tyson Andelin said...

I used to "surf(stand with one foot on the seat and the other to steer)" as i mowed the lawn back in sparks! It was awesome. The only head phones i had were HUGE so i looked legit. ha ha
Nice patern Carrie! and one time i spelled my (mad crush) name in the grass.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I think I remember you mowing like that, crazy Tyson. So what was that name you mowed into the grass?