Wednesday, July 28, 2010

la-dee-dah (a.k.a. can't think of a post title)

Has it seriously been 3 weeks since I last posted?  I'm behind. 

On everything.

laundry. PTO (yes, even though it's summer). cleaning. primary chorister. blogging. garden.  spending time with my husband. summer reading program. yard work. cooking/menu.  animal chores. painting. raising 4 children.  summer school work. family home evening.  keeping the chickens from pooping on the porch (!). all. of. it.

I have been a bit overwhelmed, to say the least.
 I have been a bit stressed for the last few weeks, but I have finally come to this conclusion: 
So what! It's SUMMER.
 
And anyway, now that our second session of swim lessons is over I don't have to rush everyone out of the door every morning to go to the pool and I have way more time to do everythang.

(Learning to swim is great and all, I mean I'm totally for it of course, it's just that we were at the pool for 3 lessons in a row, everyday.  We got there at the same time as the instructors, and we left at the same time as the instructors.)   




The day after swim lessons I thought that I was going to be able to catch up on stuff.
But we woke that morning to asthma.
This time it wasn't Spencer, but KATE.  It lasted 2 days.  It totally wiped her out.  I hate asthma.  It's scary and just plain not fun.



NOT good; so not good.

Her asthma is gone now, for now - hopefully it was just sort of a one-time thing.  Back to summer play...and getting stuff done around here.  I love when I don't have to go anywhere.  I'm feeling like I'm finally getting out of SURVIVAL MODE and back into THRIVAL MODE (thriving). . .

That's a good thing.

Weston and I hanging out on the front porch swing after the kids went to bed - and after a long weekend.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Oh man, am I feeling you on the behind thing. I am so dang behind it makes me sad. Tomorrow, though, I'm gonna try with all my might to catch up! And then I'll still be behind.

Oh, poor Kate. I hate asthma too. Ronin gets it with the vog, and I hate every minute of it. Give her a hug from me. I love her (and your boys too, of course), even though we've never officially met.

Krissy said...

So glad your back...I've missed you!

The Mrs. said...

Oh I've missed you too.

I love that pic of you and Wes. Gorgeous couple, you are!!

Jamee
xoxo

Keri said...

ahhhh how sweet it that last picture of you and weston. your look stunning carry for a country farm girl. just beautiful pic of you. Hope you can find some down time here before school starts.

Anonymous said...

This post looks so CUTE!!! But I felt so sad for you and Weston because of the asthma thing. I just hope that it will not come back EVER again. Love u both!

-Clarice Fullington