We made a teepee on the trampoline the other day.
Materials: curling ribbon, sheets, and clothespins. It was fairly easy to do, even though it took us 2 hours. We (Spencer and I) tied the curling ribbon to the trampoline bars and then threw them over the branch hanging above the tramp. We did that like 8 times and then made a web with more curling ribbon between the other ribbon. Then we clothes-pinned sheets to those, starting from the top and worked our way down.
The chain in the picture above isn't part of the teepee, it's for the hanging field hockey stick, which has been there for years. The stick hangs right in the middle of the teepee.
Well, wanna come in?
There's the door - that triagle-shaped opening. Just step on that little horse with wheels; that is if you are too short to get on by yourself, and if you weigh less than 50 pounds. Anyway, come on in...
It is quite spacious and comfy inside. Great for reading, pretending, snoozing, being silly...
Ah, summer days in the cool of a sheet teepee.
Unfortunately, this is no longer standing due to storms - the main storm being a child-with-scissors tornado that cut all of the ribbon (we needn't go there with the explanation or the who dunnit) and the other being rain and wind. However, I have a feeling that we will build another one this summer. And I'm pretty dang sure that next time it will not take us 2 hours to build, now that we know how to do it.


7 comments:
Carrie, can I just say that you are quite the cool mama!!!! Someday I hope to be just like you...seriously:) You have some lucky little kiddos, how many other moms climb a tree to make a teepee. See, Cool Mama.
That. Is. Awesome.
I love it.
Jamee
xoxo
You are such a cool and creative mom. It's inspiring.
what a fun summer activity!!!
Pretty much the coolest tepee I've ever seen.
Love the craftiness coming from your neck of the woods. Um...how do you make your blog photos so big? I want to do that!
fun and super creative carrie! you are the funnest mom ever!
Post a Comment