My view from upside down on a cow feeder thing.
We met the kids at the bus stop yesterday afternoon. We piled into the little car and drove through the hay-shed field and next to what we call Ireland - cuz it's green and hilly and rocky and, basically, what we who have never been to Ireland think Ireland just may look like. We parked amongst some cow feeders and a tractor implement. The feeders are like what we used to call "gym-daddies" when I was kid. You know, metal-y, bar-y things that you could spend forever climbing on.
I had brought some ice water in a mason jar, some peanuts, and some marshmallows (not the mini kind). The marshmallows disappeared like nobody's business; no one touched the peanuts.
Then Spencer wanted to show us a dead rockchuck on the other side of the fence. Sweet. We obliged. I'll spare you on the photo of it.
We walked all across Ireland playing on rocks, watched Daddio do some stuff on the backhoe, climbed on more rocks.
Then we walked some more.
Then some of us were pooped and wanted a break. So we sat down.
Then we pretended to see something and we all pointed at what we pretended to see.
(I have the hiccups right now as I am typing this. Annoying, and they are beginning to hurt.)
Anyway, we had fun playing, eating shmallows, and getting sunpinked (slightly lightish reddish skin from sun exposure, yet not quite a burn :) ).
AND P.S. I HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE THE HAPPIEST MOTHER'S DAY TOMORROW!











7 comments:
happy m-day Carrie. Because you are like a mother to me :)
that sounds so splendid. I hope you had a good mother's day
I need an invitation to visit you real soon. I wanna see Ireland.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...you guys have WAY too much fun:). Ireland all the way!
Happy Mothers Day Carrie!
I hope your day was fabulous!!
Jamee
xoxo
wonderful.
Love all your photos! You are amazing- it was fun to see you yesterday!
Post a Comment