Down by the creek where the cool water flows
There is a fort where no one goes,
Except for sticks, some rocks, the sand,
And the children that love those things in hand.
I creep up closer to sneak a peek
And hear what they say as they play by the creek.
I pull out my camera and as I begin,
they see me and they let me in.
There in their fort I see people-sticks with flower hair
pointing and laughing and living in there.
They have leaves for beds, a tunnel, a stream,
a driftwood bridge, and whatever they dream.
"Our fort was made by Heavenly Father and Jesus,"
And I know that right now they both can see us."
That's what the big one says,
As the younger two agree and nod their heads.
There in their fort where leaves are ceiling, sand is floor,
Thin trees are walls, some branches the door,
Living the art of child's play,
with no video games or plugs to get in the way.
There in their fort - the girl, the 2 boys
Where the ills of this world do not annoy.
There in their fort in a haven of joy
Where nature is their only toy.






5 comments:
ok, you wrote that? I didn't know you were so poetic. Thanks for sharing that special moment in the lives of your children with us, the cuzins far away!
Love you all!
rad!! love the poetry and the whole wonder of being a child!!
and your music is pretty swell, too!!
Still think you guys have WAY too much fun.
And PS- i love your kids. Even though I haven't met 3/4 of them. Love them.
Thank You Carry I needed that today. I have decided to quit facebook today in search for more inner peace. more time to sit and ponder, more time to be closer ther Thee. More time to play outside with my kids. More time away from the world unplugged. It was a hard task for me but in our breakfast scripture study this morning we read the picture book about Ammon and his people burrying their swods and weapons to seek the Lords guidnace and direction. They burried those things that hold them down to be closer to Thee. I did that today. I burried my facebook account in hope that the Lord will see my efforts and obedience and bless me with an abundance of peace and revalation in my home as a Mother and Wife. After putting the kids to bed I sat up and read some scritures and general confrence talks. I then decide to check up on my blogging buddies. I come to this beautifl post and am reminded that my efforts are in the right place. I think I may just go on a hung for a city like kina nature fort where we can run to and escape this world too. thanks carry for upliftin me today.
Fantastic post! We are excited to come visit next week.
Post a Comment