Although Saturday dawned COMPLETELY white,
yesterday, it was back to its colorful country self around here,
even greener for the wear.
It was beautimous.
As Spencer, Kate, and Ezra ate kiwis, and I swept the floor for the fourth time yesterday afternoon, a tooth dropped to the floor.
Spencer gasped; a very real, very surprised triple-gasp. That tooth. It was his. And he was excited.


You see, the tooth had been hanging by a thread, a literal thread of tissue (or whatever gums are made out of), for 6 (SIX) whole days. He would not let anyone give it any help. For him, simply wiggling it with his tongue sufficed.
But, at long last, it's out. We started making a tooth pillow a little later, we embroidered a tooth and everything. Then we got distracted making something else, and showing Spencer how to iron, and we didn't finish it.
Then we went out just after the sun dropped behind the mountain to help Weston separate Cookie from her calf; we've been out of milk for a couple of days. Spencer got really confident and scared a large heifer off by himself. I got scared as I watched from the fence, with Jiles on my hip, that he was going to get run over. He wasn't scared. And he didn't get run over. He scared her off.


Ezra got stuck in the mud trying to get back over to me. Stuck with a full bladder. He winced and whined and did the potty dance until I finally convinced him to "just go!"


The tooth fairy didn't come last night. I think that she didn't know that Spencer had put his tooth under his pillow. I think that she thought that we were going to finish that tooth pillow first and not just use that zip-lock bag that we had put it in while we were working on that tooth pillow.
I think that she'll come tonight though, either way.



3 comments:
That darn tooth fairy. Sometimes she is just so busy...
I would know. We are -this- close.
It is beautyiful there. Make me want to see it in person.
Jamee
xoxo
cute! your kids are so funny! Good luck with the tooth pillow. It's getting so green!
I called you the other day and left a message. I will try again tomorrow so we can talk about conference weekend.
You make ranch life look like a sweet vacation! Love it! We need to make a visit and see your new house!
Post a Comment