Monday, February 1, 2010

toys of today

Balloons

From Grandpa's birthday party last week.
They are a hit with all 4 of the kids. They all have names (such as Opal and Goldie) and have so much as joined us in family prayer (it's a little awkward holding hands with a balloon, I must say).


Pinchers
a.k.a. clothespins

Painting them is only a fraction of the fun.
Other uses: rocket ships, babies, bombs, horseless horse legs, pacifiers.
Hours of entertainment.

oh yes, and...

Mommy
me

I am used as a teething/slobber toy. Anytime I lay down on the floor (as I was while taking this picture) I am an instant attraction for baby slobber (and snot...as demonstrated in this picture).
{But I love it.}

P.S. I just had cow colostrum leaking on the hearth. Weston had put a frozen bag of it to thaw in front of the wood stove and it had a hole in it. That stuff is like liquid gold. Okay not quite, but it's close enough.

4 comments:

liko said...

what do you do with cow colostrum?? aside from feeding calves??
and toys made from household items are the bomb-diggity.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

The colostrum is for feeding the orphaned or abandoned calves for the first day or two before they start drinking milk. There have been 3 or so abandoned calves out of the 20 or so calves that have been born so far. Weston has to bottle feed them twice a day. One bag = one bottle. We only have 4 bags left and like 150 cows that have yet to give birth. He'll have to go find more of it.

I did hear today that people like to drink the cow's colostrum because it is such an awesome source of antibodies. Who knew?

The Mrs. said...

1)Yes, I did hear that about cows colostrum. So did you drink some?

2)Briggs has the same undies as Ezra.

3)We had balloons floating around our house for a week or so. Some of them even had faces drawn on them. One day last week I took one and said "Hey kids, watch this!" and stomped on it to pop it. It burst and was really loud and cool and then everyone started crying saying that Carter made it to give to his Kindergarten teacher. They were mad at me for a few days.
So I went to the store and bought some more and now we have several more flaoting around the house, with names and such.

4)I have been wanting to paint clothes pins for months now, and can't find the ones I bought. I keep setteling and letting the kids paint other things instead.

Our lives are really parallel....

Jamee
xoxo

Natalie in Sparks said...

I love simple entertainment like balloons and such.
Is Jiles's RSV gone? hope so. Emma had it last year and kicked it on her own. (the Dr. said that breastfeeding helped it a ton)