Monday, February 22, 2010

bringing in the bulls

I know. I put waaaay too many pictures on here. I'm kind of addicted to them. Pictures. Thousands of them. Taking, looking at, and posting. Obviously.

So, driving home from the school the other day, I just couldn't resist this photo opp. It was, for one, a BEAUTIFUL day, and, for two, fun seeing my rancher man and his parents rounding up them ornery bulls. They move cows all the time, but hardly ever the bulls.

The kids sat on top of the suburban munching apples, watching and dreaming of riding the horses themselves, as I walked around snapping photos, trying to stay out of the way and wishing that I had a decent zoom.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Bringing in a straggler:
Photobucket

The apple-crunchin' apple-munchin' spectating munchkins:
Photobucket

All safely in the alleyway:
Photobucket

Okay, this kind of cracks me up. Look at me on a horse!:
Photobucket
So, uh, where's the horse? How do you know I'm not just standing there, or sitting on a fence? Can't really tell, now can you? Thanks for taking this sweet picture anyway, Spencer!

Confident boy Ezra was getting off the horse all by himself. I realized what he was doing as I was pushing the button on the camera and had to hurry and run catch him. He was only getting down off of Justin to "go ride Brownie." But, he didn't get to ride Brownie because Spencer got on Brownie. And then Kate got on Justin and Ezra was out of a horse to ride. He cried FOREVER because of it. He's hooked on horses.
Photobucket

Yes! Dreams do come true. Right, Kate?
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

10 comments:

Natalie in Sparks said...

Those are awesome pictures. Weston and Dad look like real cowboys! Actually I guess it's because they are like cowboys...
Anyway, It looks like a great day, and the kids must have had lots of fun.
It's ok, I believe that you were really on a horse Carrie.
It also doesn't look as muddy as before. It is getting better?

The Mrs. said...

I have to show Carter these pics when he wakes up.
It will make him have a great day!
Jamee
xoxo

Jamon said...

Great pics, so did Spencer sneeze a lot afterward? hopefully it wasn't too bad.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Actually, no, Spencer didn't sneeze at all. He wasn't on the horse for too long and he was just on the saddle and didn't touch the horse. He was a bit wheezy that night though.

The Hair Family said...

I love that last picture with everyone and the close up of your littles. I love that you put a lot of pictures.
Wendy

Ammon said...

cool pictures

Anonymous said...

My daughter is drooling over the horses and I am longing for the mountains in the background. Are they actually working or just having fun? Lookw like your having fun too.
Jesse Bosher

The Tomlinsons said...

Love the pictures!

Tia said...

Great pictures and great report and the activities of the day.

Tyson Andelin said...

I'm glad Spencer is doing better with horses. I bet the cold air helped